I can't connect with CY4533 BCR with I2C

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jaxi_4346491
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried to use a USB to I2C dongle to connect my PC with CY4533 BCR with slave address of 0x08. The I2C bitrate of the master is 100kHz.But I failed to connect. It looked that the clock was holden low for several pulses by the CY4533 before a narrow ack signal from CY4533. Finally the master failed to connect the CY4533. Can you please advice what happened and how I can connect to the CY4533 BCR. If you need more information, I will paste some waveforms tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

BR/

James

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi James,

I use Miniprog 3 to connect PC with BCR and can successfully read and write register. See my waveform below. Since CY4533 is a non-programable device, your USB to I2C dongle may be responsible for this.

Regards,

Eddie

TEK0000.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
jaxi_4346491
Level 1
Level 1

I attach the waveforms. Please kindly help. Thanks.

The first part

tek00063.png

The second part

tek00064.png

BR/

James

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi James,

I use Miniprog 3 to connect PC with BCR and can successfully read and write register. See my waveform below. Since CY4533 is a non-programable device, your USB to I2C dongle may be responsible for this.

Regards,

Eddie

TEK0000.JPG

0 Likes

Thanks a lot Eddie. Can you please advice the software you use with Miniprog 3 for the I2C communication? Can you please kindly provide the link?

BR/

James

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi James,

If you have installed PSoC Prgrammer, then you can find Bridge Control Panel in its folder.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, Eddie!

BR/

James

0 Likes

Dear Eddie,

Now I am able to  access to the registers now. However, I cannot understanding the meaning of resitters. Can you please kindly share the register information? My email address is: rjxie@live.com. Thanks a lot.

BR/

James

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi James,

BCR HPI Spec can only be discovered under NDA now. You should talk to a local FAE to sign an NDA in order to get the doucument.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes