I am trying to use the CCG5 notebook example. But the app handler is not going past the attach state. It is continuosly trying to re attach. What might be the problem?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have two board designs verified by cypress where we are using the CCG5 as a DFP and UFP respectively. We have the MUXes external to the CCG5 and can be manually controlled using jumper settings. We want to establish Display Port (DP) connection over the boards. We were using the Notebook example that comes with the SDK. We just change the macro configs in config.h to differentiate bw the DFP and UFP boards.

While running and debugging the code the app handler can reach only 2 states "started" and "attach". We feel it is not able to establish a proper connection that is why it is retrying. What might be the problem and how do we approach to solve this problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Sounak,

1. For DFP with CCG5 Notebook reference firmware, you shall check whether the CCG5 example firmware based on which schematic. Since for the Host end, typically, it need support USB3.0 and DisplayPort. And which pin assignment is you are designing. If you are confirmed above information and make sure it is correct. Please kindly upload CC negotiation log in this threads.

2. For UFP with CCG5 Notebook reference firmware, you need make sure the DP sink function have already enabled or not.

3. The best way to debug is, use DFP and UFP on market (for example, some Type-C Notebook, or Type-C C to DP dongle) to test your design, so that you can find out the root cause one by one.

Best Rgeards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lisa,

1. We have used the schematic reference for CCG1. The host end has support for USB 3.0 and DP. We have validated that by using our core in another development board without the Type C capabilities. In the DFP we are using the K7 (HPD_1) as an output from the controller and input to our core. The CC lines are an input to the core from the Type C connector. The connection is just the opposite on the UFP board. The HPD is an input to the controller and output from our core. How do I get the CC negotiation logs? I don’t have the CY 4500.

2. How to enable the DP sink function? Is there any macro related to that? The only macro which I found of interest was the “DP_DFP_SUPP” and “DP_UFP_SUPP”. I tried enabling them individually for either sides.

3. We are testing using a Type C monitor on DFP side and a Type C notebook on the UFP side.

Please note that in our application we have separate boards as DFP and UFP. On the DFP side our core is acting as a host and on the UFP side our core is acting as a device.

0 Likes