How to update firmware of cypd3135 in power adapter?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rttt_3611331
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

And I try to update firmware of cypd3135 in power adapter by cy4531, but I can't find the device.  I linked them as below.

IMG_20180813_161845.jpg

notfind.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

May I know whether the CCG3 power adapter have been showed up under Device node of Ez-PD configuration Utility?

If yes,

I could like to recommend you check the configuration of CCG3 if the power adapter is designed by you. The configuration items will show up whether the DR_SWAP is supported or not.

Or you can catch the CC log between the CY4531 and CCG3 to see what the response of DR_SWAP initialed by CY4531.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

9 Replies
EunchongP_51
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi rt tt

You need to connect the mini-B connector with your laptop.

miniB_connector_on_cy4531.png

Thanks

Lucas Park.

0 Likes

thank you very much, but I just find the cypd3125 in the daughter card, not the cypd3135 in my power adapter.

cypd.PNG

0 Likes

Can you send the your log of Configuration Utility?

Thanks

Lucas Park.

0 Likes

The log message is:

Starting Device Discovery.

0 HID devices found.

1 USB-Serial Bridge devices found.

Could not establish PD contract.

Device Discovery completed.

And I plug my power adapter in J3 typec port.

0 Likes

In your log, the PD is not contracted.

For the firmware update using cc line, the PD should be contracted.

My guess is that your power adapter and CY4531 are operating as source.

Please try firmware update with CY4531 removing power connector.

Thanks

Lucas Park

0 Likes

I'm sorry, it's my first time to use cy4531. Is it means I need to remove the 24V DC power adapter,  and use my power adapter to give power to cy4531 by cc line. And my PD power adapter as below, is it ok?  thank you very much.

59da0ffa003d26f413ed2f793a0a615a.jpg

0 Likes

Yes, remove the 24V DC power adapter.

I have one question about your PD power adapter using CYPD3135.

Is your power adapter commercial power adapter?

If your power adapter is commercial, the firmware may be different with default firmware supplied by SDK since the firmware may have been modified by manufacturer.

Also, the default firmware is based on reference H/W design in CCG3 datasheet. If your power adapter is not matched with reference design, the power adapter will be broken when you update the firmware.

Thanks

Lucas Park

0 Likes

Yes, I use the commercial power adapter, it's difficult to update the firmware of the power adapter, it's also difficult to find the device too? And I got the error of it.

Starting Device Discovery.

0 HID devices found.

1 USB-Serial Bridge devices found.

Flashing device is UFP, initiating DR_SWAP

DR_SWAP not successful. Cannot access the Type-C device connected to host.

PD contract established.

Device Discovery completed.

DR_SWAP is the content of PD not the VDM, it's not successful, also related to the commercial power adapter?

0 Likes

Hi ,

May I know whether the CCG3 power adapter have been showed up under Device node of Ez-PD configuration Utility?

If yes,

I could like to recommend you check the configuration of CCG3 if the power adapter is designed by you. The configuration items will show up whether the DR_SWAP is supported or not.

Or you can catch the CC log between the CY4531 and CCG3 to see what the response of DR_SWAP initialed by CY4531.

Best Regards,

Lisa