How to update Fw for Cypd3125 throung I2C?I

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
brzh_4088906
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked

I want to update firmware for Cypd3125 throng I2C, I don't know how to do ? Anybody can help me?

block: PC ->  Cypress 65215 -->CYPD3125

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

If you already connect CYPD3125 to your PC as is mentioned in your description, then you can simply open EZ-PD configuration utility. You'll find CYPD3125 in your device list. I have an hardware example of connectting CCG4 to PC via I2C here:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

If you already connect CYPD3125 to your PC as is mentioned in your description, then you can simply open EZ-PD configuration utility. You'll find CYPD3125 in your device list. I have an hardware example of connectting CCG4 to PC via I2C here:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Thanks for help!

but I want to embeded the I2C update program  into my own program, I want to get some code。

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

I'm sorry that's not possible for now because we do not have any plan to release the source code of EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Thanks , I get it!

can you give me some advice?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. We do not have any plan to release the source code for updating firmware through I2C as well as any relating document. So your target to build your own program is basically impossible.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Hi Eddie_Z:

If we complete the code by ourselves, can you provide some APIs or suggestions, such as how to make cypd3125 enter bootloader mode, and what commands can be updated after entering mode loader mode? Thnk you!

0 Likes