Announcements

Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | available on-demand. Watch now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BhargavGolla
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi,

I am using CCG3PA board in my device to work  as PD source and QC source.

It was working as PD source fine but it is not working as QC source when i connect it to QC sink.

How can i switch ccg3pa from PD to QC mode?

All QC related flags are set in my code BATTERY_CHARGING_ENABLE and below  provided with my EZ-PD configuration utility screenshot. 

When i connected a sniffer between My device and sink it is sending Source capabilities for some time and then vbus is droping to zero when there is no response from sink.

Is there any Flags i am missing to enable ? can you suggest procedure to switch between PD source mode to QC source mode?

Thankyou.

BhargavGolla_0-1655901137100.png

BhargavGolla_1-1655901203153.pngBhargavGolla_2-1655901584215.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

All the configurations you have set are correct and sufficient to make CCG3PA QC Source. Can you please probe Dp and Dm lines and provide traces. Also, let me know if you are using the Power Bank example directly from Power SDK without any other modifications.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

All the configurations you have set are correct and sufficient to make CCG3PA QC Source. Can you please probe Dp and Dm lines and provide traces. Also, let me know if you are using the Power Bank example directly from Power SDK without any other modifications.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi Bhargav,

Were you able to make CCG3PA work as QC Source?

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi pranava,

Is there a way or function to switch from PD source mode to BC/QC source mode in CCG3PA  ?
Basically to enable and switch between  PD source mode and BC/QC source as whenever we want when my sink supports both PD and QC.

Best regards,
Bhargav

0 Likes
BhargavGolla
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi PranavaYN,

Sorry for late reply i am not with the setup for last 4 days,

1. I am struck with same issue  source  after some time if sink doesn't respond to source capabilities it is not responding to the D+ and D- line . As for the D+,D- lines i have provided you the screenshot.

note: we have control over QC sink as we can change D+ , D- line  after enumeration

Screenshot (75).png

 green- D+     Blue D-

2. It is customized code where we have include things according to our requirement where we need to implement QC source also.

3. Right after PD source capabilities are stopped from source V bus is dropping to Zero is it expected ? you can observe this in Sniffer capture provided above.

Best regards,

Bhargav.

0 Likes

Hi Bhargav,

Can you please add some UART debug prints in battery_charging.c file in the project that you are using to see if legacy charging state machine is running fine?

Also, it would be good if you can share the source code. I will look at it once to see if you are missing something.

You can confirm once if the QC Sink is functioning properly by connecting it to a known QC source.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes