How to develop EZ-PD for C++

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
soon1
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

[my environment]

BOARD : CY4532 EZ-PD CCG3PA EVK POWER BOARD

Cable : CYPD2103 

My purpose is develop program like EZ-PD Configuration Utility for our factory. (more automatic firmware download program)

but I can't find EZ-PD API for C++.

help please. thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1. so, is there no another API? even if not c++
Ans: No, there are no APIs for C++

2. According to you, is it only possible to control with the GUI?
Ans: Yes.

3. I just program cyacd file to Type C cable.
Ans: For loading the firmware in factory application, you can use the batch programming feature of EZ-PD Config utility. 
The EZ-PD™ configuration utility supports a special Batch Programming mode for EMCA devices. This batch
programming mode is designed to program the same configuration settings and/or firmware binaries into
several USB Type-C cables without going through separate UI operations. The required settings can be selected at the start of the session, and then the cables to be programmed can be plugged in one-by-one. The utility automatically detects the cable plug-in, programs the CCGx controller and then prompts the user to plug in a new cable. The batch programmer requires the cables to be connected to a Host or Client board (CY4504 or CY4503) running a specially designed flashing firmware. This firmware can be found at the path Firmware\FlashUtil within the utility installation. Separate files are provided for use on the CY4503 and CY4504 kits respectively.
For more details please refer to the section EMCA Batch programming from the EZ-PD Configuration utility manual. 
Attached the manual for ease of access. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon Community. 

We currently do not share the C++  API guide to EZ PD Config utility. Only the GUI is currently released for the customers. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

soon1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thank you for your answer

so, is there no another API? even if not c++

According to you, is it only possible to control with the GUI?

I just program cyacd file to Type C cable.

Thank you

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Abhilash_P

Hi,

1. so, is there no another API? even if not c++
Ans: No, there are no APIs for C++

2. According to you, is it only possible to control with the GUI?
Ans: Yes.

3. I just program cyacd file to Type C cable.
Ans: For loading the firmware in factory application, you can use the batch programming feature of EZ-PD Config utility. 
The EZ-PD™ configuration utility supports a special Batch Programming mode for EMCA devices. This batch
programming mode is designed to program the same configuration settings and/or firmware binaries into
several USB Type-C cables without going through separate UI operations. The required settings can be selected at the start of the session, and then the cables to be programmed can be plugged in one-by-one. The utility automatically detects the cable plug-in, programs the CCGx controller and then prompts the user to plug in a new cable. The batch programmer requires the cables to be connected to a Host or Client board (CY4504 or CY4503) running a specially designed flashing firmware. This firmware can be found at the path Firmware\FlashUtil within the utility installation. Separate files are provided for use on the CY4503 and CY4504 kits respectively.
For more details please refer to the section EMCA Batch programming from the EZ-PD Configuration utility manual. 
Attached the manual for ease of access. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

soon1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I read the document that you sent me

[4.9.1 Extension for CCG3 based EMCA programming]
If the EMCA controllers to be programmed use CCG3 devices, additional parameters need to be specified as part
of the batch programming flow. The following operations can be performed

I don't have CY4503, CY4504 and I have CY4532

1. Can i use CY4532 at CCG3 based EMCA programming?

2. "CCG3 devices, additional parameters need to be specified as part of the batch programming flow"

If i can use CY4532, where are parameters?

Thank you

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

CY4532 CCG3PA evaluation kit cannot be used for batch programming. But this kit can be used for programming other controllers. 

The detailed step for carrying out this is explained below, 

Abhilash_P_0-1651734199694.png

Abhilash_P_1-1651734227700.png

Please do refer the kit guide for more details. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes