How to configure CCG3PA EVK (CY4532) to be a sink-only device

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JoLu_3455101
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given 5 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hi,

I have the CCG3PA EVK (CY4532). By default, it is configured as source. In EZ-PD Configuration Utility, I see the "Port Role" set as "Source". I am trying to set the EVK to a sink-only configuration to prototype my application. However, the drop-down menu is greyed out so it won't let me change the option away from "Source".

1. How do I get EZ-PD Configuration Utility to provide the "Sink" option since it is greyed out by default?

2. My sink configuration will request only 1 sink profile when connected to a multiple source PDO device. Will adding a specific "Sink PDO" in EZ-PD Configuration Utility be the solution? Right now, there are no Sink PDO options displayed, but I am assuming it is because the "Port Role" is set to "Source".

Thanks,
Jonathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Wang_Fred
5 questions asked 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello Jonathan,

The power role of CCG3PA power adapter could not be changed, but the power bank could be changed to sink only.

Since the CY4532 could also demonstrate as power bank, can you please try the power bank function with changing power role to sink only?

Best Regards,

Fred

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Wang_Fred
5 questions asked 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello Jonathan,

The power role of CCG3PA power adapter could not be changed, but the power bank could be changed to sink only.

Since the CY4532 could also demonstrate as power bank, can you please try the power bank function with changing power role to sink only?

Best Regards,

Fred