How many ADCs and how many global analog multiplex busses are on the CCG4?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_4245981
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

The DataSheet for the CCG4 says there are 4 ADCs (Figure 2), but each ADC can only connect to 2 global analog multiplex busses.

Does this mean only 2 of the ADCs are useful?

Or, are there really 4 global analog multiplex busses on the CCG4?  If so, how do I specify which USB-PD subsystem a GPIO pin should connect to?

I'm looking at the notebook example firmware.  Both VBUS_MON_P1 and VBUS_MON_P2 are connected to AMUXA.  I don't understand why this isn't a conflict.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

I'm sorrt my former reply was incorrect. Each port has two AMUX(AMUXA and AMUXB). Which means CCG4 has totally 4 AMUX. However, each port can only access two of them.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

Each USB-PD sub-system of CCG4 contains two 8-bit SAR ADCs. Figure 2 is for CCG4 that have two Type-C Ports. There are some types of CCG4 only have one Type-C port.

pastedImage_3.png

There are only two globa AMUX. When doing voltage measurement, AMUX will switch to the right Pin with High-speed I/O matrix(HSIOM).

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

I'm using the CYPD4225, which has two ports.

I'm still confused how the right pin is selected.  Both VBUS_MON_P1(pin 13) and VBUS_MON_P2(pin 25) are selected to HSIOM_MODE_AMUXA in system_init().

Then, in vbus_is_present() the voltage is sampled by calling pd_adc_comparator_sample() with PD_ADC_INPUT_AMUX_A for the input.  At this point, both pins have been connected to AMUXA and nothing seems to indicate which one should be sampled.  How does this work?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

I'm sorrt my former reply was incorrect. Each port has two AMUX(AMUXA and AMUXB). Which means CCG4 has totally 4 AMUX. However, each port can only access two of them.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes