Hello, if ccg2 has the internal temperature sense

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HsCh_3227321
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i wonder if ccg2 has the internal temperature sense connect to the adc then i could get the internal temperature by using PD command by the host controller.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheng,

CCG2 doesn't have any temperature sensing feature internally.

You have to use external sensing elements for temperature measurement and feed it to the ADC present in CCG2.

Currently, the ADC is being used for Over-voltage and Under-voltage sensing on the VBUS in CCG2.

Please use external circuitry for temperature sensing.

Regards,

Anil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheng,

CCG2 doesn't have any temperature sensing feature internally.

You have to use external sensing elements for temperature measurement and feed it to the ADC present in CCG2.

Currently, the ADC is being used for Over-voltage and Under-voltage sensing on the VBUS in CCG2.

Please use external circuitry for temperature sensing.

Regards,

Anil

0 Likes

Ok. But when I see the sepc of Type-C PD says that The e-marker should report the internal temperature when command GET_STATUS issued.

And should have the shutdown indicator when the temperature reaches the 80 Celsius degrees.

Will  the temperature sensor be incorporated into the ccg2  in the future?

B2F2AB42-026B-4682-98EA-C0DAC2C40BC0.jpeg

Thanks.

Regards,

John

0 Likes

Hi Cheng,

The SPEC you pointed out is "ACTIVE" cable, CCG2 default firmware is only for passive cable. If you could like to design an Active cable with CCG2, please kindly get latest reference design from Intel directly. Cypress made CCG2 active cable with Intel.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisz

Thanks for your reply.

so if i need the reference design and tech reference of the CCG2 active cable , i need to contact Intel directly?

Could you provide the contact information to me?

Thanks.

John.

0 Likes

Hi Cheng,

I have to re-direct you to Intel. Since I do not have contact information.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi lisz

Could you re-direct me to Intel ?

Thanks you for your help.

Best Regards,

John

0 Likes