Error cdf.M0036 in CYPD3020

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaMe_2085021
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi guys,

I use CYPD3020 controller for my project. I want to use Timer/Counter block with input counter. When I connected digital input pin and Counter I got an error: Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_1(0)' cannot be placed at P3[3]. P3 cannot be used for routed connections.

error_cannot_be_placed.png

Could you help me?

Best regards,

Nazar Melnichek

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Nazar,

Thanks for the project, I was able to reproduce the issue. The reason for the error is that the GPIOs dedicated for TCPWM block in CCG3 dont support input function and hence cant be allocated to the Timer/Counter as count input. In the DWR file, only the pins in the list which have TCPWM tr_in mentioned, can be routed to the trigger inputs in the TCPWM block and CCG3 doesnt have any such pin since all of them are available only for output function.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nazar,

Could you please try assigning Pin_1 to another pin from any other port and check if the error still occurs? Please attach your complete project if possible for us to take a look.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Sananya,

Yes, I tried to assign another pin from another port, the error is still there.
The project is attached.

Best Regards,

Nazar Melnichek

0 Likes

Hi Nazar,

Thanks for the project, I was able to reproduce the issue. The reason for the error is that the GPIOs dedicated for TCPWM block in CCG3 dont support input function and hence cant be allocated to the Timer/Counter as count input. In the DWR file, only the pins in the list which have TCPWM tr_in mentioned, can be routed to the trigger inputs in the TCPWM block and CCG3 doesnt have any such pin since all of them are available only for output function.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes