EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility to see the USB4

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SOKA_4605371
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hello

I would like to check the E-Marker of the USB4 cable using the EZ-PD protocol analyzer utility.

Can I use the EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility to see the USB4 included in the E-Marker on the cable?

CY4500 USB4.PNG

How can I check USB4 messages?

I have a USB4 cable.

I need help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

EZ-PD Protocol analyzer utility can be used to record PD packets during real time. Please update the config suite to the latest firmware before using it for decoding USB4 messages. 

To analyze EMCA messages, look for SOP' and SOP" messages in the analyzer suite. 

1.PNG 

Please refer the following image for updating the firmware 

2.PNG

Please refer the link EZ-PD Analyzer utility user guide for further information. 

Please let us know if you face any further issues while recording the PD packets.

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

EZ-PD Protocol analyzer utility can be used to record PD packets during real time. Please update the config suite to the latest firmware before using it for decoding USB4 messages. 

To analyze EMCA messages, look for SOP' and SOP" messages in the analyzer suite. 

1.PNG 

Please refer the following image for updating the firmware 

2.PNG

Please refer the link EZ-PD Analyzer utility user guide for further information. 

Please let us know if you face any further issues while recording the PD packets.

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

Hello.
Thank you for the good information.
But I tested it like you did.
As a result, the USB_3_1_gen1_gen2 mark is displayed on the USB4 cable.
I would like to confirm the USB4 message.
Help me.

0 Likes