EZ-PD HOST SDK: How do *safely* remove NCP81239

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
35_Engineering
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 10 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi Infineon Fam,

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid.    I seem to be resembling this lately....

Running into MASS errors when attempting to remove the NCP81239 from the Host SDK stock project.

I can't be the first person to do this!   ....and I have attempted it successfully before....   However, I'd rather have a supported solution.

Any advice?

Thank You,

JB.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hey,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to disable the NCP-related code as the project is meant to be used only with that.

However, I have cleared all NCP related code ( Macros and source files still exist but are not used). You can use this code. You have to add code to select VBUS by changing below macros.

PranavaYN_0-1683523317589.png

If you intend to use it only as Sink device, this is not needed.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hey,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to disable the NCP-related code as the project is meant to be used only with that.

However, I have cleared all NCP related code ( Macros and source files still exist but are not used). You can use this code. You have to add code to select VBUS by changing below macros.

PranavaYN_0-1683523317589.png

If you intend to use it only as Sink device, this is not needed.

Best regards,
Pranava
35_Engineering
Level 4
Level 4
First like received 10 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Pranava!

You are amazing!!

Should we convert this into some sort of white paper so that others may learn from this and use other power supplies with your beautiful CYPD chips?

0 Likes