Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaRi_1293246
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hello,

We have implemented on our new ultrasound scanner an USB C port based on the CYPD3125-40LQXI controller.  We are running the firmware that come from the EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK CYPD3125-40LQXI-notebook project.  We have one Source PDO (5V/1500mA) and two Sink PDO (5V/900mA and 15V/3000mA).

When we connect an USB C power adapter to our ultrasound scanner the USB C controller request the 15V and turn on the consumer path.  It's working has expected.

When we add an USB C hub with power delivery between the USB C power adapter and our ultrasound scanner the output of the power adapter stay at 5 volts and the USB C controller doesn't turn on the consumer path.  The two USB C hub that we have tried (one 60W and one 100W) behave the same way.

Is the firmware from the EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK CYPD3125-40LQXI-notebook project compatible with the used of an USB C hub with power delivery?  Do I need the modify the default configuration?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes
2 Replies
Wang_Fred
5 questions asked 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello Practice,

May I know which kind of USB C hub you used? Is there a power input port from external power adapter and a power output port (to e.g. your scanner)?

BTW, is it possible to capture the cc log between the scanner and USB C hub as well as the cc log between power adapter and USB C hub?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Likes

Hello Fred,

The two USB C hub that I have tried have a power input port from the USB C power adapter and a power output that is the USB C port that I connect to our system.  I have successfully tested both of them to charge my cellular phone.

I have ordered  a CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyser to capture the traffic on the two CC bus.  I will get back to you as soon I receive it.

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes