EZ-PD CCG3 CYPD3125 - I2C Interface

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaRi_1293246
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hello,

We have implemented a CYPD3125 controller on our new ultrasound scanner.  We have connected that controller to our embedded controller through the I2C bus. 

What is the purpose of connecting the CYPD3125 to our embedded controller?

How the embedded controller can communicate with the CYPD3125?  What is the I2C slave address of the CYPD3125?  What are the messages supported by the CYPD3125?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Patrice,

The I2C bus between CCG3 and Embedded controller implements HPI specification (Host Processor Interface) which provides Embedded controller necessary control over CCG3. 

HPI specification however is Infineon confidential document which can be obtained only through NDA. Please contract local Infineon sales/ FAE to get NDA and obtain this document.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Patrice,

I2C can be used to configure and program CYPD3125, Please check this EZ-PD™ configuration utility user manual section 4.12.6.

Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

Hello Biren,

I am already using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility to configure and program the CYPD3125.

I would like to know what is the purpose of connecting the CYPD3125 to our embedded controller through the I2C bus, what is the slave address of the CYPD3125 and what are the messages supported by the CYPD3125?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice   

0 Likes

Hello Patrice,

The I2C bus between CCG3 and Embedded controller implements HPI specification (Host Processor Interface) which provides Embedded controller necessary control over CCG3. 

HPI specification however is Infineon confidential document which can be obtained only through NDA. Please contract local Infineon sales/ FAE to get NDA and obtain this document.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes