EZ-PD Analyzer driver not installed

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TonyG
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

My company has two of the EZ-PD CY4500 analyzers.  I successfully installed the analyzer software on my PC and got it working with no problems.  I'm assisting one of our technicians with installing it on his computer.  He downloaded and installed the EZ-PD Utility  and the latest Analyzer.  When he ran the Analyzer software, it said he needed to update the firmware.  When he ran the firmware update tool, it said the device could not be found.

I've found multiple posts on here that say you need to install the Utility to get the drivers, and you need the Analyzer to get the latest software, but none of the posts say if they have to be installed in a certain order or using a particular sequence (like install the Utility, update the firmware, then install the Analyzer, etc.).

The Device Manager shows no driver is associated with the EZ-PD analyzer.  When we tried to update the driver by explicitly pointing at c:\Windows\system32\drivers, it said no compatible driver could be found.  I confirmed that winusb.sys is in that folder.

Both systems are running Win 10 Pro.  The working system has a slightly newer build and different version of winusb.  We are going to try running the Windows update on the non-working system.  If that doesn't work, what else can we try?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello TonyG,

Have you tried the 1.0.0 version of the downloadable?

This is the factory version of the utility, which should work.

Best regards,

Pablo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Pablo_EG

Hello TonyG,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Could you let us know if you are using the Analyzer Utility or the Protocol Analyzer Utility?
The latest version is the Protocol Analyzer Utility, which is compatible with the latest firmware of the CY4500.
If the CY4500's default firmware is updated, it will only be usable in the Protocol Analyzer Utility.

If you are using the previous version "Analyzer Utility", please switch to "Protocol Analyzer Utility".
You can download it here:
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ezpdprotocolanalyzer

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes
Mika
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

I was having same problems as latest release 3.1.0 does not have drivers included.

Drivers were fixed by installing 

EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility - Infineon Developer Center

Then my Firmware was also old so I had to fix it also through

EZPD_Firmware_Update_Tool (cypress installation folder)

0 Likes
TonyG
Level 1
Level 1

The program you pointed to is what I referred to as the Protocol Analyzer Utility.  According to the other posts I have seen, we need that program AND the other program.  Are you saying that we ONLY need the program you pointed to?  Would installing the other program cause a problem with the USB driver?

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello TonyG

Thank you for the confirmation.

As Mika very well explained, the configuration utility contains the drivers for the analyzer.
If the firmware of your CY4500 is the default one, please update it by using the firmware update tool (same as Mika's reply).

If by the "other program" you refer to EZPD Configuration Utility, yes, it is needed.
If you refer to the previous version of the Analyzer, no it is not needed.

I have tried in a new Windows install and I was able to use the Protocol Analyzer following the steps I just mentioned.

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes
hdpp3952
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given Welcome!

Hi,.

I bought CY4500 kit from Mouser and experienced the Windows 10 driver was not properly installed and the device was not detected correctly, Seeing someone suggested installation of EZ-PD Configuration Utility, i was in success with device recognition. After solving Windows driver issue, i stuck at Boot Loader issue with below images.

I couldn't understand well with all of those issues happened. 

Please help me solve this issue.

Thank you.

HarryP

hdpp3952_0-1643943032457.jpeg

hdpp3952_1-1643943099465.jpeg

hdpp3952_2-1643943139758.jpeg

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello HarryP,

The utility should be able to access the .dll file.
Please make sure to execute the tool with administrator rights.

Bets regards,
Pablo

0 Likes

Hello Pablo,.

I tried it as below.

- Installed EZ-PD Configuration Utility which has Windows device manager to recognize CY4500.

- Then running the protocol analyzer utility with admin. right, an error message came up as below screen shot.

- When running FW update tool with Admin. right, the same error message came up.

Pls see the screen shots and advise.

Thanks

HarryP

hdpp3952_0-1644206595871.jpeg

hdpp3952_1-1644206674384.jpeg

hdpp3952_2-1644206716663.jpeg

0 Likes
KevinK_31
Employee
Employee
First reply posted Welcome!

Hi TonyG,

If you are Korean, you can call me directly. 공일공 구이육오 팔구오이

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kevin Kim

0 Likes

Kevin,

Unfortunately I am not Korean.  I am at our headquarters today and tomorrow assisting our QA lead with this problem.  We just tried to install the “ezpdconfigurationutility_1.3.7_Windows_x86-x64.exe".  Device Manager recognizes the analyzer.  It shows up as "Cypress EZ-PD Analyzer".  It's using driver "CYUSB3.sys".  But when we open the utility, it does not recognize the device so we can't execute the firmware upgrade.

At this point we've tried three different Cypress programs and none of them will recognize the EZ-PD analyzer.  What else can we try?

Tony

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello Tony,

The previous message was intended for the user hdpp3952.

Regarding your problem, we are currently checking the Protocol Analyzer download package.
At the beginning of the year, we migrated the legacy Cypress sites into Infineon.com.
There may be a problem with the package and we are researching it.

In the meantime, I tried to replicate your problem on my PC, but could not.
There could be issues in the driver installation if the windows registry is corrupted or the windowns10 installation had issues.
Are you able to enumerate other WinUSB devices?

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes
TonyG
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know there have not been any other problems with enumerating devices on that PC.  I should also point out that when we installed "EZ-PDProtocolAnalyzerUtility_Windows.exe" or "ezpdprotocolanalyzer_3.1.0_Windows_x86-x64.exe", the EZ-PD analyzer was associated with the WINSUB.sys driver.  But when we installed "ezpdconfigurationutility_1.3.7_Windows_x86-x64", it was associated with the CYUSB3.sys driver.  But in neither case could the firmware update program find the EZ-PD.

0 Likes
hdpp3952
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given Welcome!

Hello,.

I am same as TonyG case.

- CY EZ-PD analyzer was seen as yellow bang by Windows device manager. This was cleared by installing  configuration utility.

- Java error message was cleared by re-insalling x64 Java for my case.

- After this, FW update was stopped at "program click" generating below error message.

hdpp3952_0-1644558274272.jpeg

HarryP

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello TonyG,

We are still working on a fix for the downloadable package.

The package should work well by next week.
I will update once again when the fix is completed.

Best regards,
Pablo.

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello Everyone,

We have updated the package of the Protocol Analyzer.
Please try installing it and see if the problem is fixed.
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ezpdprotocolanalyzer

Best regards,
Pablo

TonyG
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the file linked above.  It is exactly the same as the "ezpdprotocolanalyzer_3.1.0_Windows_x86-x64.exe" file I downloaded two months ago.

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello TonyG,

Have you tried the 1.0.0 version of the downloadable?

This is the factory version of the utility, which should work.

Best regards,

Pablo

0 Likes