EPAD connection in CYPD3171-24LQXQ

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

What is the recommended connection for Exposed pad in CCG3PA? If the GND pin (P22) is connected, can the function be verified without connecting the Exposed PAD to GND?

It became necessary to replace the device. I want to verify that the device after remounting is functionally correct. However, it is very difficult to replace the Exposed PAD. I want to avoid it if possible.

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Tetsuo,

The recommended way is to electrically connect the EPAD pin to GND pin in CCG3PA devices.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Tetsuo,

The recommended way is to electrically connect the EPAD pin to GND pin in CCG3PA devices.

Regards,

Mallika

TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

Thank you for your answer.

If it is not connected, is there a functional problem? Does it just worsen the charactristics?

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes

Hi Tetsuo,

The connection between EPAD and GND pin is recommended to reduce the internal damage risk of the chip.

For proper functioning and heat dissipation of the IC, it is advisable to connect to GND.

Regards,

Mallika

TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Mallika-san,

I'm sorry to reply late.

I can understand.

Thanks,

Tetsuo