Announcements

Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | available on-demand. Watch now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiKo_1199551
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Is the only difference between CYPD3171/74/75 the pre-programmed firmware or are there also hardware differences? I will create my own firmware. As purchasing is difficult in these days it would be an advantage if I could use all.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The CCG3PA part, CYPD3174 is intended for power adapter applications using opto coupler feedback. So it is not recommended to use CYPD3174 for direct feedback application. The internal feedback spec is different for both the parts. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Please refer to the below image for difference in internal specs,

3.PNG

The source and sink charging specifications of different parts is explained below,

Part 1: CYPD3171

• Power bank application:
  • The Type C port supports QC (Quick charging or Qualcomm’s Quick charge) 4.0, QC 3, QC 2, Apple charging 2.4A, and AFC while acting as a source. During sink application it does not support QC but   supports BC 1.2 and Apple charging.
  • The Type-A port can be configured to support QC3.0, Apple Charging, BC1.2, Samsung Galaxy, FCP, and AFC.
  • Car charger application:
  • It supports QC 4.0, QC 3.0, AFC, and Apple charging.

Part 2: CYPD3174

• It is intended for only source application.
  • It supports QC 4+ and offers QC3.0/QC2.0 backward compliance. QC4 supports the USB PD3.0 function and PPS (3 V-11 V @20 mV).
  • The source applications include a power adapter based on opto-coupler feedback in 16-pin SOIC and 24-pin QFN packages.

Part 3: CYPD3175

• The Type-C port supports USBPD 3.0, QC 4.0, Apple Charging 2.4A, and AFC.
  • The Type-A port supports QC 3.0, Apple Charging, and AFC.
  • The target application for this chip is a power adapter based on direct feedback.

Please let us know if you need any more clarifications.

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes
MiKo_1199551
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Abhilash,

I know these differences from the data sheet but what I want to know: Do the 3 parts only have different pre-programmed firmware or do the parts have different hardware inside? 

Concretely we are developing a power adapter with direct feedback so CYPD3175 seems to be the part we need. But I can't buy this part in these crazy days. But the CYPD3174 is available. As I must develop and program my own firmware (as I need special functions beyond the standard firmware) can I take a CYPD3174 just as well?

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

The CCG3PA part, CYPD3174 is intended for power adapter applications using opto coupler feedback. So it is not recommended to use CYPD3174 for direct feedback application. The internal feedback spec is different for both the parts. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes