Detect connection status method for CYPD3177

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

I would like to detect the connection/disconnection status with the HOST device and output a (GPIO) signal to the external EC.

In details, Specifically, when the PDO contract is made, the BCR notifies the external EC with a GPIO signal (Hi or Lo)
When the host is disconnected, the BCR notifies the external EC with a GPIO signal (Hi or Lo)

Q1) Is it possible to use BCR to output the above detection signal to an external EC via GPIO, etc.? Which pin can I use if possible?

Q2) Tell me about the usage of "Pin 8 GPIO_1". Is it possible to use the above detection signal?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Takashi_O
10 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Q1) No, Unfortunately the GPIO doesn't have event trigger functionality, the output can change by HPI from host controller of BCR.

Q2) The pin can be used as just GPIO expander of host controller. It can not be used as you expected.

Could you tell me the background why you want such signal source?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Takashi_O
10 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Q1) No, Unfortunately the GPIO doesn't have event trigger functionality, the output can change by HPI from host controller of BCR.

Q2) The pin can be used as just GPIO expander of host controller. It can not be used as you expected.

Could you tell me the background why you want such signal source?

Regards,

0 Likes