Default firmware for cypd6227-96bzxi

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kirankalsani
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I would like to confirm if every cypress PD Device CYPD6227-96BZXI programmed with basic firmware when the part is shipped out from cypress factory. What are the basic functions of this firmware?

https://www.cypress.com/part/cypd6227-96bzxi

-Kiran

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The default factory firmware and bootloader for CCG6 chips are as below,

CCG6
Part Number Default Application Firmware Bootloader
CYPD6127-48LQXI                  Notebooks I2C Bootloader
CYPD6128-48LQXI I2C Bootloader
CYPD6227-96BZXI I2C Bootloader
CYPD6228-96BZXI I2C Bootloader

This default firmware would be preprogrammed before shipping. 

CCG6DF 96-BGA Dual Port Thunderbolt Notebook Application: The CCG6DF device communicates with the embedded controller (EC), which manages the Battery Charger Controller (BCC) to control the charging and discharging of the internal battery. It also updates the Thunderbolt Controller via I2C to route the High Speed signals coming from the Type-C port to the USB host (during normal mode) or the Graphics processor unit (during Display port Alternate mode) or the Thunderbolt Host (during Thunderbolt Alternate mode) based on the alternate mode negotiation. The CCG6DF device controls the transfer of USB 2.0 DP and DM lines from the top and bottom of the Type-C receptacle to the DP and DM lines of the USB Host controller. CCG6DF offers VBUS Short protection on SBU and CC lines. The CCG6DF device has integrated VCONN FETs for applications that need to provide power for accessories and cables using the VCONN pin of the Type-C receptacle. The 5-mohm resistor between the 5-V supply and the integrated provider FETs is used for overcurrent detection on the VBUS. 

For more details please refer the CCG6DF datasheet.

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply