Configure CYPD4226-40LQXIT to supply 5V 1.5A max on USB-type c port

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Joe_Lam
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi all,

We used the CYPD4226-40LQXIT before on another project that for USB-C PD with 100W max and it is working fine. For this new design I tried to use the same PD circuit to two USB-C ports but due to the input power limitation we could only have one USB-C port with full PD function (100W max) and another USB-C port with 5V @ 1.5A output only. Can the CYPD4226-40LQXIT can program to output only 5V @ 1.5A max even the connected target device support full range?

Thanks

Joe_Lam

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello Joe,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Q) Can the CYPD4226-40LQXIT can program to output only 5V @ 1.5A max even the connected target device support full range?
A) Yes.

CCG4 can have different settings for both ports.
You can easily change the settings using EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

2pdos.png

In the image above, I have added the 20V 5A source PDO to Port 0, which will be the port supplying up to 100W.
For Port 1 however, I removed all source PDOs except for PDO 0, in which I have set the maximum current as 1.5 A.

This way you can have the port settings you are looking for.

(Please understand that each port needs to have a separate VBUS converter)

Let me know if this helped in your design.

Best regards,
Pablo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello Joe,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Q) Can the CYPD4226-40LQXIT can program to output only 5V @ 1.5A max even the connected target device support full range?
A) Yes.

CCG4 can have different settings for both ports.
You can easily change the settings using EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

2pdos.png

In the image above, I have added the 20V 5A source PDO to Port 0, which will be the port supplying up to 100W.
For Port 1 however, I removed all source PDOs except for PDO 0, in which I have set the maximum current as 1.5 A.

This way you can have the port settings you are looking for.

(Please understand that each port needs to have a separate VBUS converter)

Let me know if this helped in your design.

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes

Yes that help.  

Thanks for the answer. 

Joe Lam 

0 Likes