Can single Billboard device CY7C65210 serve multiple CCGs?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question.

I am new to CCGx and billboard device. I received a request from customer which asks me to build something with a single billboard device connects to two CCG2 devices. I know billboard is used to negotiate with host about what alternate mode the container device supports.  But the specification doesn't disclose more detail about it.  So I have some questions, hope someone can help to answer it.

1. Does billboard detect the alternate modes or the modes are pre-defined in its firmware?

2. Can single Billboard serve multiple CCG2 ?

3. Will CCG2 write back some data to Billboard?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

1. Does billboard detect the alternate modes or the modes are pre-defined in its firmware?

ANS) Yes the Billboard detect the alternate modes and that matches with that comes from CCG2.

2. Can single Billboard serve multiple CCG2 ?

ANS) The question is not quite clear. In most of our designs we have used Billboard only with one CCG2. In one Notebook design we have two CCG2 with one controlling the upstream Type-C and the other downstream Type-C. In this case one Billboard is connected to both the controller but the Billboard function is applicable only for the upstream port, the down stream port is used only for firmware update.

3. Will CCG2 write back some data to Billboard?

ANS. No CCG2 doesn't write back to Billboard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply