CYUSB4347 using port 1 as a USB Type A port

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
spinnl_c
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I want to use port 1 of the CYUSB4347 as a USB3 Type A port (no PD).

What do I have to configure to use in the EZ-USB HX3PD Configuration Utility or even in hardware?

Best Regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello ,

1. Port 1 of the CYUSB4347 as a USB3 Type A port is possible. Currently, the configuration of HX3PD could select Configurable as either three Type-C and four Type-A ports, or seven Type-A ports.

2. Need firmware configuration and hardware design support. 

>> Firmware configuration relates:

1) HUB configuration:

ShifangZ_26_0-1667880985849.png

PD configuration on Ez-PD configuration utility - Port1. 

For hardware design, please make sure DS1 following Type-A specification, VBUS enabled with 5V. 

3. I would like to recommend you select Single PD controller (CYPD3123) for US and use 2 HX3 Hub for your design if your design just need one Type-C port on US. It will get better support and existing solution if you could share block diagram of your design. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
spinnl_c
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

thank you for your reply. 

The first prototypes of the design are already produced and all Type C ports look good in the first tests. 

Only port 1 is designed as a USB3 TypeA and on this port I have trouble getting it running. 

I didn't wat to use PD on this port. I placed a 5k1 pull down resistor on CC1_P1 to show the controller which USB3 data lines to use.  But the PWREN_P1 line always remains high (low active).

What settings do I additionally have to make for getting port 1 runing?

Best Regards,

Christian

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Christian,

1. May I take a look the schematic of the first prototypes you are referring to?

2. May I have waveform of VBUS_MON_P1, CC1_P1, CC2_P1, VBUS_P_CTRL_P1 with the case you have added pull-down 5.1K resistance on CC1_P1 or CC2_P1?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
spinnl_c
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Lisa,

please find the latest schematics and the waveforms attached. (I have no possibility to measure a waveform of CC2_P1)

I only get a USB 2.1 connection on the USB2 Type A Port. On the  other ports  USB 3 is working fine. 

Best Regards

Christian

0 Likes