CYPD7291-68LDXS_rsc provided to us but not sure if this hex has Vconn turned on in the Project Code

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaRo_1233086
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Previous Post:

"CCG7 Samples have arrived, now we need Firmware

we actually need 88-Watts per port out of it, so what do we need to do to enable Vconn and Cable Discovery"

CYPD7291-68LDXS_rsc was provided to us to test our board based on your reference schematic, our application requires Vconn to be turned on in code and in config utility

please help

P.S we know how to use the configure utility since 2017 so can only assume vconn support is not turned on in the code of the compiled hex that was provided to us

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello RaRo,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

I apologize for the late reply.

I attach the firmware with VCONN enabled.
Please see the attachments section.

In addition, please follow the steps below in the configuration utility as well:

1)Using EZ-PD, change the Maximum PDO current to 5000 mA as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_0-1649202857846.jpeg

2)Using EZ-PD change the cable discovery enable status from No to Yes as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_1-1649202892174.jpeg

3)Using EZ-PD change the PDO setting (voltage and current) to get the 88W as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_2-1649202920304.jpeg

Feel free to let me know if there is any issue.

Bets regards,
Pablo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Pablo_EG

Hello RaRo,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

I apologize for the late reply.

I attach the firmware with VCONN enabled.
Please see the attachments section.

In addition, please follow the steps below in the configuration utility as well:

1)Using EZ-PD, change the Maximum PDO current to 5000 mA as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_0-1649202857846.jpeg

2)Using EZ-PD change the cable discovery enable status from No to Yes as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_1-1649202892174.jpeg

3)Using EZ-PD change the PDO setting (voltage and current) to get the 88W as mentioned below.

Pablo_EG_2-1649202920304.jpeg

Feel free to let me know if there is any issue.

Bets regards,
Pablo

0 Likes
RaRo_1233086
Level 3
Level 3

Thank YOU, got Vconn working and 5A profile but not sure why we also get 5A advertised on the lower profiles like 5/9/15 after making the changes to only the 20V PDO

0 Likes

here some images clearly showing configuration file PDO for 5V is set to 3A but on the actual output after we changed 20V profile and enabled 5A maximum PDO setting now the actual device output advertised

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

  

table is all screwed up 

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello RaRo,

Could you confirm the following:
-You have enabled VCONN, and set PDOs in the utility.
-You have used the "configure device" button to reflash the firmware.
-After this, the PDOs do not show the correct settings when CC packets are read.

Is our understanding correct?

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes

do-you-nokw-see-issue.PNG

Yes clearly we have flashed the device if PDO table images show completely different output than the default setting of your config file that you provided, we are trying to show YOU a bug in the code and sure enough if we get our hands on the SDK we will fix it on our own but we thought it would be nice to give your team heads up on this fatal error

so here goes more images to show you what is going on

clearly-showing-NOT-5A-setting-1.JPG

clearly-showing-NOT-5A-setting-2.JPG

clearly-showing-VCONN-is-ON.JPG

  

YES-WE-KNOW-HOW-TO-FLASH.PNG

we even tried another setting in main power output and it changes all the PDO profiles

max-setting.PNG

0 Likes
RaRo_1233086
Level 3
Level 3

so it seems that once you change this Policy Information Setting of maximum PDO current it overrides all PDO settings and YES we tried Enable and Disable option for policy MGR and PDO all voltage rail and got identical undesired results with 4400 and 4350mA settings

0 Likes
Pablo_EG

Hello RaRo,

You are correct, once the Policy Information Setting is changed, the PDOs are fixed to that setting.
For CCG7, if the individual PDOs need to be changed, this needs to be done through APIs.
As what we have provided until now is the .hex file, you will not be able to change the individual PDOs.
We are working on releasing the project files on the Infineon product page.
I will check whether we can provide the project files beforehand to you.
If this is possible, I will contact you with the project files.

Best regards,
Pablo

0 Likes