CYPD5225: I2C decoding

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
td83
Level 1
Level 1
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

We are using a Tigerlake SOC with a CYPD5225 power delivery.

I have checked the I2C bus between the Tigerlake and the CYPD5225, there is I2C access from the Tigerlake but none of them are acknowledge by the CYPD5225.

The I2C cycles from the Tigerlake (address 7 bit 0x51) are not acknowledged buy the CYPD5225.

To set the slave I2C address in the CYPD2552 I set the parameter "SOC I2C address (0x)" to 0x51.

Is it right ?

As pin L6 and K6 are double function pins I2C_SCB2 or GPIO, how can I check I have the right configuration for these pins ?

The template used is the file CYPD5225-96BZXI_notebook_3_4_0_2559_0_0_0_nb.hex from Cypress tool

Is there a delay between CYPD5225 power up and the first I2C cycle that the CYPD5225 is able to acknowledge ?

Thank you for help,

Best regards,

TD83

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion!

CYPD5225 I2C connected to the TBT SoC is configured as I2C Master. The slave address set in Configuration Utility as you have described in your first post is used to access the TBT SoC I2C Slave port. Please make sure you set correct I2C slave address corresponding to the Port. 

You can set I2C addresses to each port in EZ-PD Configuration Utility ICL/TGL Configuration under each port.

Regarding power mode of CCG5, There are no external signals as such to determine the power mode. Switching between the Power modes is done automatically in the firmware. Why do you want to know the current state?

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN

Hi,

The I2C address in the project you have specified is set based on the resistor pull up/down connected to I2C_CFG_EC pin. 

PranavaYN_0-1637919718650.png

If you wish to set the address something other than these 3 options, you can do so using the macros defined in hpi.h file. Source code is of the project is also provided in the EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK. 

PranavaYN_1-1637919851605.png 

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi PranavaYN,

The problem in NOT on the EC I2C bus, but on the TBT I2C bus !

My problem is on the I2C is between the SoC and the power delivery CYPD5225 (balls I2C_SCL_SCB2_TBT (E2) / I2C_SDA_SCB2_TBT (D2))

Moreover in the Tigerlake there is one I2C address per port ( Port 0, address 0x50; Port 1, address 0x51; Port 2, address 0x52; Port 3, address 0x53) so, I do not understand how the power delivery can make a difference between the two ports if the two ports have the same I2C address in the power delivery.

I have done some measurement of power supply generated by the CYPD5225.

On the supply VDDD I read 3.37V.

On the supply VCCD I read 1.757V.

I read in the CYPD5225 datasheet that the power delivery has 3 modes:

• RESET
  • ACTIVE
  • DEEP SLEEP

How can I found find out the mode of my CYPD5225 ?

Is there some external signal to check ?

Thank you for help,

Best Regards,

TD83

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion!

CYPD5225 I2C connected to the TBT SoC is configured as I2C Master. The slave address set in Configuration Utility as you have described in your first post is used to access the TBT SoC I2C Slave port. Please make sure you set correct I2C slave address corresponding to the Port. 

You can set I2C addresses to each port in EZ-PD Configuration Utility ICL/TGL Configuration under each port.

Regarding power mode of CCG5, There are no external signals as such to determine the power mode. Switching between the Power modes is done automatically in the firmware. Why do you want to know the current state?

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes