CYPD3196 only one time programmable

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
derkarower
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I'm facing a problem while developing the firmware for a 100W power adapter.

I programmed the CYPD3196 via SWD and J-Link. Afterwards I could not program it a second time. In openocd I get the error "DP: cannot read IDR".

I suppose I have chosen the wrong bootloader. Because I was not able to find the bootloader for the CYPD3196, I utilzed the one for CYPD3175. Is it possible that this is interrelated?

Where can I find the correct bootloader files for the CYPD3196?

Is it possible to reprogram the chip?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

CYPD3196 can be reprogrammed multiple times and SWD doesn't require or depend on any bootloader. 

I think you are not able to reprogram because you have programmed the IC with the wrong part firmware. Can you please try to erase the flash first using J-Link and try reprogramming it again.

For firmware and bootloaders of CYPD3196, you will have to contact local sales/FAE and get it as its confidential.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

CYPD3196 can be reprogrammed multiple times and SWD doesn't require or depend on any bootloader. 

I think you are not able to reprogram because you have programmed the IC with the wrong part firmware. Can you please try to erase the flash first using J-Link and try reprogramming it again.

For firmware and bootloaders of CYPD3196, you will have to contact local sales/FAE and get it as its confidential.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I can't erase the flash because it is not even possible to connect to the chip. Is there anything else I can do to erase the flash and start from scratch?

Do you have any contact information for local sales/FAE?

0 Likes

Hi,

There is no other way other than erasing the flash and reprogramming. 
Regarding the local sales office, please locate the nearest office and contact them - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/find-a-location/

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes