Announcements

Register now for the most anticipated Asia Pacific Power Seminar 2022

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB EZ-PD™ Type-C Forum Discussions

derkarower
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing a problem while developing the firmware for a 100W power adapter.

I programmed the CYPD3196 via SWD and J-Link. Afterwards I could not program it a second time. In openocd I get the error "DP: cannot read IDR".

I suppose I have chosen the wrong bootloader. Because I was not able to find the bootloader for the CYPD3196, I utilzed the one for CYPD3175. Is it possible that this is interrelated?

Where can I find the correct bootloader files for the CYPD3196?

Is it possible to reprogram the chip?

0 Likes
3 Replies
PranavaYN
Moderator 50 likes received First comment on KBA First question asked

Hi,

CYPD3196 can be reprogrammed multiple times and SWD doesn't require or depend on any bootloader. 

I think you are not able to reprogram because you have programmed the IC with the wrong part firmware. Can you please try to erase the flash first using J-Link and try reprogramming it again.

For firmware and bootloaders of CYPD3196, you will have to contact local sales/FAE and get it as its confidential.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
derkarower
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I can't erase the flash because it is not even possible to connect to the chip. Is there anything else I can do to erase the flash and start from scratch?

Do you have any contact information for local sales/FAE?

0 Likes
PranavaYN
Moderator 50 likes received First comment on KBA First question asked

Hi,

There is no other way other than erasing the flash and reprogramming. 
Regarding the local sales office, please locate the nearest office and contact them - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/find-a-location/

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes