Announcements

Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | available on-demand. Watch now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
huab_867446
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear,

I am not sure if I understand the usage of D+/D- well. In datasheet of the part number CYPD3177-24LQXQ., the D+/D- should be keep open of no connect, while in its EVK the D*/D- are connected to the USB connector. 

Would you please help me and let me know which option is correct? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The D+ and D- pins on the EVK is connected to support additional protocols for future purposes. 

Please refer to the section 2.3 in the CY4533_EZ-PD Barrel Connector Replacement guide. 

The shot from the section is attached below,

1.PNG

Please let us know if you need any further understanding.

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

The D+ and D- pins on the EVK is connected to support additional protocols for future purposes. 

Please refer to the section 2.3 in the CY4533_EZ-PD Barrel Connector Replacement guide. 

The shot from the section is attached below,

1.PNG

Please let us know if you need any further understanding.

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

Thanks Abhilash for you reply. 

So, do you recommend to connect them if I design a new board or not? Moreover,  are these pins able to damage the chip or not? 

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

It is usually not recommended if there are no future plans for supporting additional protocols. 

No, it doesnt damage the chip. They are ESD protected.

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

We are planning to connect the D+/D- pins to a USB to UART chip (CP2102). Do you recommend to connect these pins through CYPD or neglect this connection? I mean make a direct connection from USB-C connector to the translator chip without make any connection to the CYPD chip.

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Both the options are recommended.

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes