CYPD3125 - Default Firmware Project

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaRi_1293246
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

We have implemented a DRP with the controller CYPD3125 on our latest ultrasound scanner.  We need to modify the default firmware to be compatible with the Mux PS8743B instead of the Mux PS8740B that is not recommended for new design.

Where can we get the default firmware project of the CYPD3125?  Is it the same that is use for the CY4531 EZ-PD CCG3 Evaluation Kit?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The firmware project present in CCGx Host SDK CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook is the application firmware project for CCG3 Evaluation Kit.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can find firmware source project for CYPD3125 in CCGx Host SDK - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/ez-pd-host-software-dev...

Refer to user guide present in the same installer for more details on the project.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi Pranava,

I assume that the firmware source project in the CCGx Host SDK is the factory firmware that is programmed in CCG3 devices.  Is the firmware that is programmed in the CCG3 Evaluation Kit the same?  If not, where can I find the firmware source project for the CCG3 Evaluation Kit?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Patrice

0 Likes

Hi,

By default only I2C bootloader is programmed in our CCG3 devices out of factory. Its the same I2C bootloader that is present in the host SDK. EVK will also have the same project, the one that is present in the SDK.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Hi Pranava,

Where can I get the application firmware project for the CCG3 Evaluation Kit?

Thank you for helping us.

Best Regards,

Patrice 

0 Likes

Hi,

The firmware project present in CCGx Host SDK CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook is the application firmware project for CCG3 Evaluation Kit.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Thank you very much.

0 Likes