CYPD3120 DisplayPort dongle - Two lanes configuration

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Idohamdi
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I am creating a PCB with CYPD3120 And would like to use display port with only 2 lanes.

I already have a discussion relating to such topic but would love other cypress engineers to help since Pranava is on vacation.

You can find our discussion here:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/Powering-the-CYPD3120/m-p/343123#M6662

Would realy appreciate your help using the CYPD3120 with only 2 lanes of SS.

Best regards,

Ido

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Ido,

1. MTDP DFP_D_CONFIG_D and DFP_D_CONFIG_F should be supported by HOST (Notebook or desktop).

2. Set preferred DP Mode : Multi-function DisplayPort in Ez-PD configuration Utility. 

ShifangZ_26_0-1649915828478.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26

Hello Ido,

1. MTDP DFP_D_CONFIG_D and DFP_D_CONFIG_F should be supported by HOST (Notebook or desktop).

2. Set preferred DP Mode : Multi-function DisplayPort in Ez-PD configuration Utility. 

ShifangZ_26_0-1649915828478.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa!

Im sorry i do not understand fully...

I modified your second note (DF mode) and nothing changed (still 4k when connecting).
Regrading your first note - how do i know if my computer support this?

Best regards,

Ido

0 Likes
ShifangZ_26

Hello Ido,

Typically, the most easy way to test MFDP and 2 lane DP is using Macbook or latest Type-C Notebook.

The 2 lane DP + USB3.0 defined in Type-C Alternate mode is UFP_D pin assignments B and pin assignments D for DP dongle or UFP role. The DFP_U typically adapts DFP_U pin assignment D, or all of DFP_U pin assignments is supported. 

If you could like to debug further, please attach PD log in this threads.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Lisa,

So im trying to get practical now and would like to know exatcly how do i change the configuration of my CYPD3120 to get only 2 lane operation always.

I added a log using the data center software (Total phase software) - you can open the file with this software - download it here https://www.totalphase.com/products/data-center/

Would really appriciate your help!

Best regards,

Ido

0 Likes