Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB EZ-PD™ Type-C Forum Discussions

Danio_A
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 likes given

Hello,
Our design scheme is: through CYPD4226 chip to control tusb1064 to complete the transmission of video signals from PC to FPGA.
Shall we switch the working mode of CYPD4226 to UFP? We imported the CYPD4226 notebook reference project, but it doesn't seem to get the correct CC log. Does the reference project support our design? If not, what should we change?

thanks, Danio

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Danio,

1. The last ACK of 9A is the response that will only appear after my monitor is started.

Ans : yes, that 9A is for final attention message after the Dp configured Ack. it is the expected message as per DP spec.

2. When I turn off the monitor or disconnect the monitor, a LOG message like "HARD RESET" will appear, but the handshake will continue when I connect again.

Ans : while disconnecting you have to get the HPD_IRQ signal for disable or EXIT mode VDM, not the HARD RESET.

but in your attached log I could not be able to find any hard reset.

please share the Hard reset log to analyze little more.

Thanks & Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

View solution in original post

7 Replies
HmdRahmathulla
50 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Danio,

Thank you for posting in infineon community.

i understand from the PD log that your are connecting your display in this port. you can use monitor reference project for this application with proper pin assignment.

also i couldn't able to open .cyacd file, please share the proper file to analyze.

Thanks & Regards
Mohamed Rahmathulla

Thank you for your answer. I have  questions here:

1. What is the monitor reference project?

I only found the reference project for the notebook in CYPD4226. There is no reference project for monitor, can you provide it if you have one?

2.cyacd file or xml file should be opened through EZ_PD configuration untility software. I hope you can help us check the configuration.

3. With respect to PD log, is it certain that the handshake process has been successful?

Thanks & Regards

Danio_A

0 Likes
HmdRahmathulla
50 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Danio, 

You can create monitor application from EZ_PD configuration utility software. 

File-> New, select CC4-> monitor (select the respective IC from "Device parameter" tab.

and current notebook firmware is configuring as a DP alt mode but after successful configuration, PD log shows the hard reset, it is not the expected behavior. please check hardware whether any disconnection or actual hardware reset.

Thanks & Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

Thanks & Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

Danio_A
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 likes given

Hi Mohamed Rahmathulla,

Thank you for your answer.   

Now I have another problem, and I'm going to configure it as notbook,

Please help me confirm whether this handshake is correct.

Thanks & Regards

Danio

0 Likes

Hi Danio,

Yes, Handshake looks fine, Log shows that the notebook firmware successfully configured and entered into DP (Alt mode) state machine.

Thanks & Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

Hi Mohamed Rahmathulla,

Thank you for your answer.   

I think the PDlog I got now (see the attachment) is complete. However, some phenomena can be described:

1. The last ACK of 9A is the response that will only appear after my monitor is started.

2. When I turn off the monitor or disconnect the monitor, a LOG message like "HARD RESET" will appear, but the handshake will continue when I connect again.

Could you help me check whether PDLOG is complete or correct, and whether there is any abnormality in the current phenomenon?

0 Likes

Hi Danio,

Ans : yes, that 9A is for final attention message after the Dp configured Ack. it is the expected message as per DP spec.

Ans : while disconnecting you have to get the HPD_IRQ signal for disable or EXIT mode VDM, not the HARD RESET.

but in your attached log I could not be able to find any hard reset.

please share the Hard reset log to analyze little more.

Thanks & Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla