CYPD 3175 Bootloader Disable issue

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anujFromBiii
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Dear Community Members,

We have designed our custom board with external PMIC (ACT4751) to control VBUS. 
To start the development process,
First
We have imported the "CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla" Project as a base, changed the target MCU to CYPD-3175, and tried flashing it as it is. As expected VBUS is not controlled and stayed at 5V. but we were able to attach a debugger to the running target and get the "TypeC attach" app event.
Then
We want to debug the app and understand the flow of the event. This will help in including the I2C command to control VBUS using ACT4751.
But when we disabled the bootable component and set "CCG_FIRMWARE_APP_ONLY" to 1, the app compiles fines but fails to upload with HexParse error (Checksum invalid). We looked at generated hex file and it has 0 padding for the initial 0x1000 location. when have verified linked script and address seem to be correct.

Please guide me to disable the bootable components properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In the same workspace that you are using please look for a project named "noboot". This project doesn't depend on Bootloader and can be debugged. 

PranavaYN_0-1656997109095.png

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In the same workspace that you are using please look for a project named "noboot". This project doesn't depend on Bootloader and can be debugged. 

PranavaYN_0-1656997109095.png

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Thanks! for the quick reply.
For some reason, no boot is not included in the workspace when I imported cla project, but no worries I manually included it and it was working. 

0 Likes

Hi, 

Thanks for confirming! 

You will get noboot project if you create the new project from Start Page >> Kits >> <Relevant SDK> >> <Project>. 

Best regards,
Pranava