CY4532 | alter EZ-PD configuration in PSoc Creator

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
winter_p
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello community,

I am working with the CY4532 and the PSoC Creator. When building my software a default EZ-PD configuration gets written into the HEX-file. I know that I can alter the configuration with the EZ-PD configuration utility but I would rather alter it as part of building the software in PSoC Creator. Is this possible and how?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
HmdRahmathulla
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @winter_p ,

Thank you for posting in infineon community and sorry for the late reply.

In SDK file you will get the example project which we can build and use directly.

if you want to change the configuration, then you have to use EZ-PD configuration utility for easy configuration.

two ways to configure CCGx device. 

1. Goto file -> Read from firmware file and select the .cyacd file from EZ-PD configuration utility to configure and finally save to the same firmware file.

2. if you create new project from EZ-PD configuration utility, tool will generate .c file. you can replace the content of .C file with config.c file in the same example project which you will get it from SDK and build it.

Best Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HmdRahmathulla

Hi @winter_p ,

Thank you for posting in infineon community and sorry for the late reply.

In SDK file you will get the example project which we can build and use directly.

if you want to change the configuration, then you have to use EZ-PD configuration utility for easy configuration.

two ways to configure CCGx device. 

1. Goto file -> Read from firmware file and select the .cyacd file from EZ-PD configuration utility to configure and finally save to the same firmware file.

2. if you create new project from EZ-PD configuration utility, tool will generate .c file. you can replace the content of .C file with config.c file in the same example project which you will get it from SDK and build it.

Best Regards

Mohamed Rahmathulla

0 Likes
winter_p
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Mohamed,

thank you very much for your response.

I would like to go with the c-file. For testing it I thought I'd create a new dummy project in the configuration utility and save it with a change compared to the default configuration. Then I copied the content of the c-file into config.c of my project. Next I built the whole project with PSoC Creator. Then I wanted to use the configuration utility to read the configuration from the freshly created hex file to see if my changes had been applied. Unfortunately when I try to read the configuration from the hex file I get an error message "Loading configuration failed". This also happens when I try to read the configuration from a hex file supplied by the EZ-PD SDK.

Maybe you've got an idea where I went wrong.

Kind regards,
Alex

0 Likes
HmdRahmathulla

Hi @winter_p ,

EZ-PD Configuration utility support .Cyacd file. please open .cyacd file instead of .hex file to read the configuration details in the tool.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohamed Rahmathulla

0 Likes