CY4531 debug via MiniProg3 error "...but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time"

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kecr_4595636
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am trying to debug a CYPD3125 on the CY4531 dev kit using MiniProg3.  I have successfully loaded the "noboot" project via the MiniProg3.   This tells me that the MiniProg 3 is working properly and since I'm using the "noboot" project I should be able to connect for debugging. Unfortunately the Cortex-M0 is greyed out and I get the message "This device was recognized, but PSOC Creator does not support using it at this time" (picture attached).   I am using PSoC Creator 4.4 (4.4.0.80)

Is there anything else that I should be doing to be able to debug my CY4531 using the MiniProg3?  Why am I able to successfully program using the MiniProg3 but cannot connect via MiniProg3 for debugging?

Thanks,
Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution
kecr_4595636
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I was using the default laptop application.  After reviewing the schematic I found that this example application uses one of the SWD pins to drive an LED.   I think this explains why when writing to flash (no application running) the SWD interface worked but then when I tried to debug while the code is running the SWD interface failed.    I disabled the LED function in the code and am now able to debug using MiniProg3.

CCG3_laptop_code_example.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies