CY4531 debug via MiniProg3 error "...but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time"

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kecr_4595636
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am trying to debug a CYPD3125 on the CY4531 dev kit using MiniProg3.  I have successfully loaded the "noboot" project via the MiniProg3.   This tells me that the MiniProg 3 is working properly and since I'm using the "noboot" project I should be able to connect for debugging. Unfortunately the Cortex-M0 is greyed out and I get the message "This device was recognized, but PSOC Creator does not support using it at this time" (picture attached).   I am using PSoC Creator 4.4 (4.4.0.80)

Is there anything else that I should be doing to be able to debug my CY4531 using the MiniProg3?  Why am I able to successfully program using the MiniProg3 but cannot connect via MiniProg3 for debugging?

Thanks,
Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution
kecr_4595636
Level 1
Level 1

I was using the default laptop application.  After reviewing the schematic I found that this example application uses one of the SWD pins to drive an LED.   I think this explains why when writing to flash (no application running) the SWD interface worked but then when I tried to debug while the code is running the SWD interface failed.    I disabled the LED function in the code and am now able to debug using MiniProg3.

CCG3_laptop_code_example.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please let me know the firmware that you are using for your project. 

It will help me to reproduce the issue on my end. 

And can you please tell me if you have configured SWD to use as a GPIO?

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes
kecr_4595636
Level 1
Level 1

I was using the default laptop application.  After reviewing the schematic I found that this example application uses one of the SWD pins to drive an LED.   I think this explains why when writing to flash (no application running) the SWD interface worked but then when I tried to debug while the code is running the SWD interface failed.    I disabled the LED function in the code and am now able to debug using MiniProg3.

CCG3_laptop_code_example.jpg

0 Likes