[CY4500] How to determine the packet direction?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaJe_4790846
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I see that Protocol Analyzer Utility shows the list of the packets.

I have the Notebook connected to Android phone using USB-C cable with CY4500 in between, how do I know if the given packet was sent by the phone or by the notebook?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer to the attached screenshot from the utility, the data and port role in the initial packets can be checked to understand which port partner is sending them. You can also find the same information in the header under the packet details.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you are not sure whether the notebook or phone is the DFP, source? You could refer to the VDM packets if they are present in the logs to check the VID, PID of the port.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer to the attached screenshot from the utility, the data and port role in the initial packets can be checked to understand which port partner is sending them. You can also find the same information in the header under the packet details.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you are not sure whether the notebook or phone is the DFP, source? You could refer to the VDM packets if they are present in the logs to check the VID, PID of the port.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes