CCGx selection

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoIs_3887151
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

I want to build a system with USB Type-C (both UFP/DFP power ports) and need to select a CCGx device.

I need to transfer 100W and have VBUS short protection, so this rules out CCG1-3 and 4/4M .CCG5 is not recommended for new designs, so it is ruled out.

100W requires Vconn to detect EMCAs so I can prefer CCG5 or CCG6  (instead of CCG3PA, BCR, and PAG1S).

There's a chance I would want to use authentication, so I might prefer the CCG6.

How is my logic and is the CCG6 generally available and supported for smaller customers (I'm looking at ~5k ICs/year for a ~10 year product life)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Jon,

Your rule and logic is correct. CCG6 and CCG5C can suit for your requirements and those devices are Mass Production now.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Jon,

Your rule and logic is correct. CCG6 and CCG5C can suit for your requirements and those devices are Mass Production now.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes