I am going to design CCGx Board like below block diagram.
- USB type C
- HDMI out
- 24V in / 5V~20V out
Would you recommend which CCGx chip is prefered?
Thank you so much.
1. If your design of Type-C interface is plug, the block diagram you shared could use CCG3 CYPD3123/CYPD3120 (best select) with CCGx SDK example project support. Or you could use CYPD4126/ CYPD5126 with slightly firmware customize (change DFP_U support to UFP_D).
The design could refer CCG3 Charge through Dongle with CCG3 part and DC/DC （NCP82139 -- could be replaced by alternate DC/DC you like and controlled with GPIO toggle as your block diagram.). LINK: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/universal-serial-bus-usb-power-delivery-controller/usb-c-and...
2. If your design of Type-C interface is receptacle, you need additional MUX for signals of DisplayPort routing as per orientation plug in. For this design, you also could select CYPD3123 as target. and you could refer schematic in this page. https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/CCG3-Type-C-receptacle-DRP-Reference-Design-Power...
I have some more question.
I purchase CYPD3120, CYPD3123, NCP81239 and USB Mux(HD3SS460) to design upper board(CTD).
- CYPD3120(or CYPD3123) control NCP81239 by I2C.
- Is this pre-programmed ? or I need to program the firmware ?
- CYPD3120(or CYPD3123) control USB Mux by I2C as well?
( pre-programmed or not ? )
- USB Mux, in pre-programmed firmware, What kind of USB Mux is used?
( PS8742B ? or others ?)
Thank you so much in advance.
Please kindly refer my comments as below:
1. CYPD3120 is not CTD target device, it is C to DP dongle target device, will be pre-programmed with full functional firmware of C to DP dongle. CYPD3123 will be pre-programmed with USB bootloader, application part needs be updated by end user.
2. CYPD3120(or CYPD3123) have capabilities to control USB MUX by I2C (working as I2C master). it is not pre-programmed since those part is belonging to application. CYPD3120 default firmware is not controlling USB MUX by I2C.
3. Refer above.