CCG6DF - HPD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ivan_Lee
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

We use HOST SDK 3.5 for Alder platform .

As we know, the PCH communicate with CCG6DF  by I2C and CCG6DF reports type-c port connection mode status to PCH.
connection mode , Ex: USB3 , USB3 Flip , DP , DP Flip , DP + HPD...

The connection mode contains HPD status bits (I2C - Virtual HPD )

Customer don't want use "Virtual HPD",
They prefer to use GPIO to notify PCH about HPD status
How to modify FW to support "GPIO HPD"?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Please revert back the modifications made (Delete ADL_ENABLE and re enable ICL_ENABLE). I checked again and got to know that during the build process, the SDK project takes care of the platform and generates  different binaries for each platform. All you need to do is to modify the config files provided with the project. The binary generated will have corresponding configuration.

PranavaYN_0-1665576135289.png

A snapshot of build folder is shown above, for ADL use _adl_ files. It has GPIO based HPD enabled by default.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ivan_Lee
Level 5
Level 5

I check FW, it doesn't call hpd_transmit_init function to initialize HPD_P0_PORT_PIN / HPD_P1_PORT_PIN pins

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi Ivan!

The default project CYPD6228-96BZXI_notebook_dualapp_tbt present in Host SDK 3.5 is for the ICL platform. For Alder Lake (ADL) you have to disable ICL_ENABLE macro in config.h and define ADL_ENABLE.

This will enable section of code that calls hpd_transmit_init() function and corresponding other functions as well.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes
Ivan_Lee
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, Pranava,

After disabling  ICL_ENABLE macro, it has build error msg :

armcc.exe --cpu=Cortex-M0 --C99 --diag_style=gnu -I.\src\pd_hal -I.\src\app -I.\src\pd_common -I.\src\system -I.\src\scb -I.\src\hpiss -I.\src\app\alt_mode -I.\src\app\intel_tbt -I.\src\ucsi -I.\common -I.\src\crypto -I.\src\crypto\ecdsa -I.\src\app\retimer_master -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC4 --list --signed_chars -g -D DEBUG -Ospace --split_sections --diag_suppress 66,188,550,815,167 -D__MICROLIB -c src\system\ccg6df_rom.c -o .\CortexM0\ARM_MDK_Generic\Debug\ccg6df_rom.o
src\system\ccg6df_rom.c:141:21: Error: #20: identifier "EC_INT_Write" is undefined
.EC_INT_Write = EC_INT_Write,
^
The command 'armcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.
--------------- Build Failed: 10/12/2022 16:07:35 ---------------

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Please revert back the modifications made (Delete ADL_ENABLE and re enable ICL_ENABLE). I checked again and got to know that during the build process, the SDK project takes care of the platform and generates  different binaries for each platform. All you need to do is to modify the config files provided with the project. The binary generated will have corresponding configuration.

PranavaYN_0-1665576135289.png

A snapshot of build folder is shown above, for ADL use _adl_ files. It has GPIO based HPD enabled by default.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes