CCG4 bootloader

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
apolecoco
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

我使用的是 CYPD4226 芯片,我在笔记本的例程中使用了 noboot 项目,最初使用 miniprog3 进行编程调试,但它不可用于现场升级。 我发现笔记本的项目也有 i2c 引导项目,我已经阅读了有关引导加载程序和可引导加载的文档。 现在我想使用不同的MCU并通过I2C接口进行现场升级。

我有以下问题:

1. 该芯片可以与其他MCU通信并现场升级吗?

2. 如果是,你能指导我怎么做吗?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Wang_Fred
5 questions asked 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The only 5 pins for SWD programming is not able to implement FW update in the field through I2C. You can refer to device datasheet to see that p1.1&p1.2 are not capable of I2C function.

You could find that the I2C pins used for cc bootloading or fw update through host processor is scb[0]/pin15,16,17 on CY4541 board. The FW is matched with the pins.

BTW, if the HW is prepared, you need to implement the fw update function by yourself on the external MCU you mentioned after you get the related documentation from local contact window.

Thanks, Fred

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Wang_Fred

Hello,

1. 该芯片可以与其他MCU通信并现场升级吗?

>> 是可以实现的, 不过需要通过联系当地的IFX FAE获取相关技术文档.  

更为简单地方法是,借助转接芯片如CY7C65215实现USB转I2C, 然后通过EZPD Configuration Utility烧录。硬件设计可以参考CY4541 Daughter Board - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cy4541/

Thanks, Fred

0 Likes

The current CYPD4226 design has only 5 pins for external miniprog3 debuggers. I don't have any other pins for external connections. So I think if you want to upgrade on the spot, you can only use an external MCU. So, I can only contact the local FAE?

0 Likes
Wang_Fred

The only 5 pins for SWD programming is not able to implement FW update in the field through I2C. You can refer to device datasheet to see that p1.1&p1.2 are not capable of I2C function.

You could find that the I2C pins used for cc bootloading or fw update through host processor is scb[0]/pin15,16,17 on CY4541 board. The FW is matched with the pins.

BTW, if the HW is prepared, you need to implement the fw update function by yourself on the external MCU you mentioned after you get the related documentation from local contact window.

Thanks, Fred

0 Likes

我检查了原理图,发现带有CYPD4226的scb0作为i2Cslave连接到另一个mcu。 那么这是否意味着硬件已经准备就绪?

0 Likes

apolecoco_0-1671520263369.png

• 我的设计完全遵循该组件的引脚

0 Likes
Wang_Fred

如果你完全遵循这个pinout allocation,硬件上可能没什么问题,但主要的工作量在MCU/I2C host端的开发。

0 Likes

I just designed the bootloader project and sent instructions through the MCU, and luckily I managed to get the correct return value. But I have one more question:

1. Does the hex file of a project with bootloadable need to be written into CYPD4226 through the bootloader, or can it be downloaded directly into CYPD4226 through miniprog3 and executed directly?
0 Likes

当我使用外部MCU进行bootloader时,我需要发送的文件数据是来自.hex文件还是.cyacd文件?

0 Likes
Wang_Fred

参考-https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-EZ-PD-Type-C/bootloader-amp-bootloaderable/td-p/389289

0 Likes