CCG3PA bypass capacitor

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

Regarding CCG3PA. I want to supply power from the VBUS-IN-DISCHARGE terminal. Is there a problem with inserting a bypass capacitor in this terminal?

If possible, is there a recommended capacity?

Also, if it is not possible, I would like to know the reason.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can I please know for which application you will be using this Vbus_IN_discharge voltage to power up?

If you are using it for chip operation, you can go ahead. 

And can I please know the reason behind adding a bypass capacitor across the terminal. 

Vbus_IN_Discharge is a programmable terminal which is used for discharging the output bulk capacitor of the power converter. The internal ADC's can be programmed to obtain the desired voltage on Vbus_In line, which can be used for internal chip operation .

Typical value of Bulk capacitance can be in the range of 1mF to 6mF. The maximum current that the circuit can discharge is around 350mA. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can I please know for which application you will be using this Vbus_IN_discharge voltage to power up?

If you are using it for chip operation, you can go ahead. 

And can I please know the reason behind adding a bypass capacitor across the terminal. 

Vbus_IN_Discharge is a programmable terminal which is used for discharging the output bulk capacitor of the power converter. The internal ADC's can be programmed to obtain the desired voltage on Vbus_In line, which can be used for internal chip operation .

Typical value of Bulk capacitance can be in the range of 1mF to 6mF. The maximum current that the circuit can discharge is around 350mA. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes