CCG3 as both PD (Sink/Source) and BC1.2 in a single Firmware

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KrMu_1422446
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Hi All,

Iam evaluating a CCG3 EVK board as one of the Product realization factor.

After getting the evaluation board and compiling the Power Bank Firmware found that size of the flash is limited to 65K and SRAM to 8K.

Since the product needs all the feature supported by one single Firmware i guess with available Flash and SRAM resource we can not use in one single Firmware.

Can somebody tried using CCG3 with all the features and able to fit in one single firmware would be very helpful for concluding something.

Is there any EVK board that support both the PD and BC1.2?

Regards,

Krishna

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Krishna,

I have written a blog for single firmware based on CCG3, you could take a look. LINK:

Create a single firmware build based on CCGx Host SDK v3.2.1 example project

>> There are no EVK can show the demo of this. But for DCP on source end, you just need short DP and DN together. Meanwhile, CCG3 also have capabilities to customize firmware to support BC1.2.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Krishna,

I have written a blog for single firmware based on CCG3, you could take a look. LINK:

Create a single firmware build based on CCGx Host SDK v3.2.1 example project

>> There are no EVK can show the demo of this. But for DCP on source end, you just need short DP and DN together. Meanwhile, CCG3 also have capabilities to customize firmware to support BC1.2.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa,

I tried installing software from after downloading from below link and trying to open EZ-PD Host SDK as mentioned in your procedure.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-host-software-development-kit#downl...

Looks it is not installed "EZ-PD Host SDK" application, may i know from where you downloaded the Application that you mentioned in the procedure.

My original question was to know whether can i build single firmware which can support all the feature supported by CCG3PA such as Sink, SRC (PD) and also BC1.2?

If we are able to make single firmware with the procedure that you mentioned is it possible to fit within the Flash and SRAM available in the DVK.

Regards,

Krishna

0 Likes

Hi Krishna,

You are correct that CCG3 can support all the feature supported by CCG3PA such as Sink, SRC (PD) and also BC1.2. And as per my experience, there are no need single image to cover this.

You need download it and install it on your computer. Try this link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-host-software-development-kit

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the response.

I agree that CCG3PA can be used in all the mode as mentioned in the datasheet and also using sample code we can achieve functionality.

Is it possible to include all the feature in single project, if yes, any reference point to start this?

Best Regards,

Krishna

0 Likes

Hi Krishna,

The refer points to start a project with support PD3.0, BC1.2, QC3.0/QC2.0, AFC, Apple Charging and so on, you could get start from CY4532 (CCG3PA EVK board). https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4532-ez-pd-ccg3pa-evaluation-kit

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes