CCG2 EVK cannot source other devices [URGENT]

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiMu_4671456
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying for hours to get the CCG2 EVK to supply any voltage to an attached BCR board.

What am I doing wrong? I added PDOs for 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 15V/3A and 20V/5A and connected TP17 to TP20 as well as TP18 to TP21

I notice that the VBUS voltage jumps between 5V/9V/0V but no connection is possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please deselect the hardware connection option in the configuration settings for the added VSEL pins. For updating the bootloadable, please refer to the Import EZ-PD Configuration Utility C-source

Yes, you could update the new .cyacd file using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility as with the default firmware.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiMu_4671456
Level 1
Level 1

in the meantime I found a very complex manual how to change the firmware here: Cannot programming CY4521

I did everything except "2) Update bootloader hex file in bootloadable components." as I have no idea what that means.

The code unfortunately doesn't compile:

pastedImage_0.png

Can you help me to get it to work? I attached my source to this post.

Also can I just upload the compiled firmware the same way I uploaded the default firmware when first using the eval kit?

0 Likes

Hi,

Please deselect the hardware connection option in the configuration settings for the added VSEL pins. For updating the bootloadable, please refer to the Import EZ-PD Configuration Utility C-source

Yes, you could update the new .cyacd file using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility as with the default firmware.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes