Asking for Cypress Product replacement for RTQ2116-QA, Richtek's Type-C USB charging Controller.

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hello My team and I are looking for Automotive quality USB charging Controller IC among Cypress products
for a replacement opportunity.

Our customer currently uses RICHTEK Technology's RTQ2116-QA, single charging controller chip
comes with Buck boost converter (datasheet : https://www.richtek.com/assets/product_file/RTQ2116C-QA/DSQ2116C-QA-00.pdf ) for 15+ Watt USB charger project.

The part we are looking for shall

-have automotive quality.
-have single chip solution
-be put into use for 15+ W USB-C charger project.
-be replacing Richtek RTQ2116-QA with Buck boost converter.
-have relatively good time for the logistics 

the project block diagram (approximate) with the USB charging Controller IC we seek follows:

hoop4g_0-1627353002874.png

May I ask if any of Cypress part for the replacement for RICHTEK RTQ2116-QA?
If you could, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your considerations and help.

Sincerely,
Ben

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Ben,

I have reviewed the datasheet you have shared, I would like to recommend CCG7D to you for reference. 

CCG7D , this is two port signal chip for Automotive and AEC-Q100 Qualified.  CCG7D is Cypress’ highly integrated dual-port USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) solution with integrated Buck-Boost controllers. You could get datasheet, reference design (two ports with higher up to 100W on each port), hardware design guidance from local FAE. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hello Ben,

I have reviewed the datasheet you have shared, I would like to recommend CCG7D to you for reference. 

CCG7D , this is two port signal chip for Automotive and AEC-Q100 Qualified.  CCG7D is Cypress’ highly integrated dual-port USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) solution with integrated Buck-Boost controllers. You could get datasheet, reference design (two ports with higher up to 100W on each port), hardware design guidance from local FAE. 

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes