About two project file of the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139.zip

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YASUKICHI
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Dear community member,

Hi,

I installed the zip file of the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP81239.

I opened the two project file by PSoC Creator3.3.

This workspace has the two project file cc_boot_pa and CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139.

I programed the two project file using the MiniProg3 and CYPD2134.

[project file of cc_boot_pa ]

*Remove the type C sink device, VBUS_P_CTRL pin is low(0V).
*Connect the type C sink device, input voltage of the type C sink device become 5V.

[project file of CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139]

*Remove the type C sink device, VBUS_P_CTRL pin is high(5V).
*Connect the type C sink device, input voltage of the type C sink device become 0V.

I want fix the project file CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139.

I up to the  two project file.

Could you tell me how to fix the VBUS__CTRL pin become low and

input voltage of the type C sink device become 5V ?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

After programming CCG2 with the firmware, please confirm if you are observing 9V on the source side Type-C connector VBUSOUT as well? If yes, then the sink attach is detected correctly by CCG2 and it is enabling the output voltage as per contract on the NCP81239 controller.

Could you please provide the PD logs using an analyzer? Please also test with a different sink device and let us know if you see the same behavior.

I reviewed the project files and saw that some of the unused register mask definitions were commented out and a function was added to set the output voltage limit in your NCP81599 project. But apart from that, I couldnt find any changes so it shouldnt cause an issue since both the controllers have the same I2C register configuration.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sananya_14

Hi,

The CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project has the VBUS_P_CTRL set to active high to match the NCP82139 controller enable polarity and it will be set to high when a Type-C attach is detected. This will enable the controller and provide the appropriate voltage on VBUS. The CC bootloader project is mainly used for firmware upgrade and not meant to be programmed alone.

So, please build the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the CC bootloader .hex file updated in the bootloadable component or you can directly program the .hex file present in the folder. You can check the VBUS_P_CTRL pin state before and after the Type-C sink attach along with VBUS voltage after programming.

Best Regards,
Sananya 

0 Likes

Dear Sananya,

I am terribly sorry for the delay in contacting you.

I had a cold last week....

Thank you for your answer.

I can't understand the build the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the CC bootloader.

Could you tell me how to build the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the CC bootloader on PSoC Creator 3.3?

Thank you for all the rapid response.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

No problem, thanks for the update. You will need to update the Bootloadable component in the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the .hex and .elf files generated from the CC Bootloader project. Please refer to the following KBA for the steps- https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/CCG2-Firmware-Configurations-Not-Updated-in...

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!
I will update the Bootloadable component in the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the .hex and .elf files generated from the CC Bootloader project. 

I will let you know if I have any questions.

Best Regards,
YASUKICHI

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Dear Sananya,

Hello,

I updated the bootloadable component in the CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139 project with the .hex and .elf files generated from the CC Bootloader project.

But, 

I can't observe the output voltage of the sink device using the voltage tester.

Output voltage of the Type-C cable sink side is 9V.

I guess it is communication error between CYPD2134 and sink device IC.

And when reconnect the Type-C sink device, VBUS_P_CTRL pin is low(0V).

If you have a time, please check the project file.

As a side note, my circuit change the NCP81239 to NCP81599.

I change the NCP81239.h and NCP81239.c for NCP81599.

Best Regards,

YASUKICHI

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

After programming CCG2 with the firmware, please confirm if you are observing 9V on the source side Type-C connector VBUSOUT as well? If yes, then the sink attach is detected correctly by CCG2 and it is enabling the output voltage as per contract on the NCP81239 controller.

Could you please provide the PD logs using an analyzer? Please also test with a different sink device and let us know if you see the same behavior.

I reviewed the project files and saw that some of the unused register mask definitions were commented out and a function was added to set the output voltage limit in your NCP81599 project. But apart from that, I couldnt find any changes so it shouldnt cause an issue since both the controllers have the same I2C register configuration.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes