About pull down for CCG6SF P3.3 pin

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

P3.3 of CCG6SF is used as GPIO.With a resistance of 100kΩ, pull up or pull down to create a mechanism that can detect Hi/Low.

In addition, VDDIO is 3.3V.
Q1)
However, since the customer wants to reduce the number of parts, I would like to connect it directly to GND without using the 100 kΩ resistor Lo side. Is it possible?

Q2)
If possible, what is the effect on power consumption when Pull down is connected to P3.3 with 100kΩ and when it is directly connected to GND?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Arai -san,

The P3.3 is Hot Plug Detect I/O for Port-1 / GPIO, With a resistance of 100kΩ, pull up or pull down (typical is pull-down) for Hot Plug Detect I/O level fix.

If you are not using Hot Plug Detect I/O, you could let is floating and remove the logic of firmware. If you are using it as Hot Plug Detect I/O, you cannot save this 100K Ohm resistor.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Arai -san,

The P3.3 is Hot Plug Detect I/O for Port-1 / GPIO, With a resistance of 100kΩ, pull up or pull down (typical is pull-down) for Hot Plug Detect I/O level fix.

If you are not using Hot Plug Detect I/O, you could let is floating and remove the logic of firmware. If you are using it as Hot Plug Detect I/O, you cannot save this 100K Ohm resistor.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello  Lisa san

I simply use P3.3 as INPUT GPIO. Connect this pin to GND and detect "Lo" level at P3.3.
At this time, I would like to know if Lo level can be detected even if this pin is directly connected to GND without using a 100k pull-down resistor.

Q1) Is it ok to connect directly to GND without 100K pull-down resistor?

Q2)Also, I want to know how the effect of power consumption is not compared to the case of pulling down at 100k by connecting to GND without using a 100K resistor.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes