Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sangbiao123
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

dear engineers and infineon fae

i am using a TVII-B-H-8M-320 BGA CPU rev 02 board,

when i opened the  "D:\TVII_Sample_Driver_Library_7.0.0\tviibh8m\tools\iar\flash\tviibh8m_flash_cm0plus_template.eww" in IAR 9.10.2 (have license) and copy the GPIO demo "D:\TVII_Sample_Driver_Library_7.0.0\tviibh8m\src\examples\gpio\LEDs\main_cm0plus.c" to folder  " D:\TVII_Sample_Driver_Library_7.0.0\tviibh8m\src" when build and debug with download the output file to board  none of the leds is flashing.  the build without error and the debug and download also is ok. the file main_cm0plus.c content main code as below. i made no modification.

int main(void)
{
SystemInit();

__enable_irq();

/* Place your initialization/startup code here (e.g. MyInst_Start()) */
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED0_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED0_PORT, CY_LED0_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED1_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED1_PORT, CY_LED1_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED2_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED2_PORT, CY_LED2_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED3_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED3_PORT, CY_LED3_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED4_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED4_PORT, CY_LED4_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED5_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED5_PORT, CY_LED5_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED6_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED6_PORT, CY_LED6_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED7_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED7_PORT, CY_LED7_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED8_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED8_PORT, CY_LED8_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);
user_led_port_pin_cfg.hsiom = CY_LED9_PIN_MUX;
Cy_GPIO_Pin_Init(CY_LED9_PORT, CY_LED9_PIN, &user_led_port_pin_cfg);

for(;;)
{
// Wait 0.05 [s]
Cy_SysTick_DelayInUs(50000ul);

Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED0_PORT, CY_LED0_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED1_PORT, CY_LED1_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED2_PORT, CY_LED2_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED3_PORT, CY_LED3_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED4_PORT, CY_LED4_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED5_PORT, CY_LED5_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED6_PORT, CY_LED6_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED7_PORT, CY_LED7_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED8_PORT, CY_LED8_PIN);
Cy_GPIO_Inv(CY_LED9_PORT, CY_LED9_PIN);
}
}

the code seems ok. i try build with rev b/c/d and load with tviibh8m_flash_cm0plus_cm7_0_template.eww it still no flash when download the hex to board. it the demo itself have problem or i am doing something wrong , please give some help. it rather frustrate when i run the first demo! thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @sangbiao123 

Please consider the below points - 

• The latest SDL version available is 7.6.0. I would recommend you to use the latest version of SDL.
  • Please refer to this user guide for the CYTVII-B-H-8M-320-CPU board. It says that the CPU board is meant to be used along with a Traveo II base board (CYTVII-B-E-BB). The base board has 10 user LEDs (USER_LED0 through USER_LED9) but the CPU board has only one user LED (LD1) for standalone operation without the base board. LD1 is routed to P23.2 as mentioned in the same guide. 
  • I would recommend you to start testing your CPU board with the default project (for single LED blinking) which is available in SDL 7.6.0 and make sure that the macros used in the project are pointing to the correct port pin. The project which you are trying to run is meant to be used with the CPU board + base board combination.
  • Please check the revision of the Traveo T2G chip present on your CPU board. You can read the top marking on the chip and match it with the 'part number nomenclature' given in the device datasheet to find out the chip revision. Once you know your chip revision, you should select the same rev in the IAR project.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @sangbiao123 

Please consider the below points - 

• The latest SDL version available is 7.6.0. I would recommend you to use the latest version of SDL.
  • Please refer to this user guide for the CYTVII-B-H-8M-320-CPU board. It says that the CPU board is meant to be used along with a Traveo II base board (CYTVII-B-E-BB). The base board has 10 user LEDs (USER_LED0 through USER_LED9) but the CPU board has only one user LED (LD1) for standalone operation without the base board. LD1 is routed to P23.2 as mentioned in the same guide. 
  • I would recommend you to start testing your CPU board with the default project (for single LED blinking) which is available in SDL 7.6.0 and make sure that the macros used in the project are pointing to the correct port pin. The project which you are trying to run is meant to be used with the CPU board + base board combination.
  • Please check the revision of the Traveo T2G chip present on your CPU board. You can read the top marking on the chip and match it with the 'part number nomenclature' given in the device datasheet to find out the chip revision. Once you know your chip revision, you should select the same rev in the IAR project.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Likes