flashing traveo ii cyt2b7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
meriam
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello everyone, 

is it possible to flash a hex file ( generated by makefile) with psoc programmer  or cypress programmer for traveo ii cytb27?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

You'll need AutoFlash Utility to flash the Traveo-II devices. 

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Ashish

Hi,

You'll need AutoFlash Utility to flash the Traveo-II devices. 

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi ,

You can find the link for AutoFlash Utility here (PSoC Programmer and Cypress Programmer is not supported for Traveo-II devices)-

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AutoFlashUtil_1.0.0.277-DevelopmentTools-v01_00-EN.zip?fileId...

Thanks,

Ashish

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Ashish,

Could you please link any available tutorials on flashing traveo with autoflash utility or pyocd ?

thanks,

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi,

After installing AutoFlash utility, you can go to installation path://../ Auto Flash Utility 1.x/docs for the user guide. It gives a detailed description on how to get started with it, and various commands and it's uses. You can always reach us out if you get any issues. 

Thanks,

Ashish

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

Do all the solutions require the J link device or other external debuggers?

Is there anyway I could flash without external debuggers? 

If yes, Could you please elaborate a little bit on that?

Many Thanks,

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi,

If you are using Cypress EVKs - it could be a CPU board or Starter kit. For CPU board, there is no on-board programmer, so you'll need external debugger/flasher to program (or alternatively you could use a boot loader approach via CAN/LIN). If you are using starter kit board, there is onboard Kitprog3 that can be used (so you only need a usb cable along with the starter-kit board).

As far as AutoFlash utility is concerned- it will use either Jlink, or Miniprog4. The on-board Kitprog3 on starter kit is also supported (both Miniprog4 and on-board Kitprog3 has same Kitprog3 firmware).

Link for 1m CPU board:https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cytvii-b-e-176-so/

Link for 1m starter kit: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cytvii-b-e-1m-sk/

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for your help,

am trying to flash the traveo 2 starter kit but I am still stuck with these errors.

Could zou please redirect me to the solution?

thanks

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi ,

I observed at then end of log that verified was okay- so what's the problem- is the application not running? Note that after programming you'll have to issue a reset. Can you tell us which compiler- toolchain is being used for project? And can you attach the hex file, I will check it.

And you have mentioned starter kit- can you attach a pic of your kit- and tell us the full part number of the Traveo-II chip.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
lock attach
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

thank you!

The application not running because of the errors I attached in the screenshot before (timed out while waiting for target halted, error executing cortex_m crc algorithm,  checksum mismatch - attempting binary compare)

I am using the arm gnu toolchain.

Starterkit is cyt2b75cades.

please find attached the hex file( in pdf format, it wasnt supported otherwise)

board.PNG

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
lock attach
Ashish

Hi ,

You can attach the hex -just zip it! Anyways, it appears that you are using reserved region in SRAM0, that is not recommended. 

Ashish_0-1653452272446.png

Ashish_1-1653452307523.png

As you can observe, the hex has base address at 0x08000020, which falls in reserved SRAM0 region- so you might need to modify the linker . Also, gnu is not supported officially as of now for TVII- the supported compilers are- IAR and GHS- kindly use it if possible. If you are getting started with TVII product, I would recommend to use Sample Driver Library as the reference  especially for startup files and linker (SDL- it should not be used for production, but for testing and evaluation references it's okay and easy to use).

Another point to note is that X1 is not populated on the pcb- that is for the ECO. So you need to make sure that in startup file, the clock selected is IMO (internal main oscillator) and not the ECO (external crystal oscillator). 

I am attaching a binky-led hex for starter-kit 1M board - can you flash this and test if it works? (reset board after flashing). 

Thanks,

Ashish

0 Likes
lock attach
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, 

Thank  you for your help.

the hex file worked with no errors but I didnt notice any led blinking.

I also used the cm0plus.hex file generated by IAR sample code , it worked with 0 errors but the led didn't blink.

Also, do I need gdb with cypress autoflash utility? 

thanks, 

best,

0 Likes
Ashish

If you have IAR EW ide with you, we can directly debug it via IAR (option->debugger = CMSIS-DAP ; CMSIS-DAP-> interface=SWD) . Regarding LED issue- you have P7.4 in your project, but this pin is not connected to any LED on the Starter-kit board. Kindly use 19.0 or 12.2 . Also, as discussed earlier, make sure to use IMO as ECO is not populated (go to system_cyt2b7.h file, and make sure CY_SYSTEM_USE_CLOCK is set to CY_SYSTEM_USE_IMO (0)  and not CY_SYSTEM_USE_ECO (1) ).

Ashish_0-1653623126817.png

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Ashish, 

I am aware that IAR works, but I was wondering if it s possible to flash without using an IDE.

This is why I wanted to work with the cypress autoflash utility. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi,

I understood! Can you confirm if it's working now or still there is any issue (after updating port-pin, clock etc)? 

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
lock attach
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

yes, it finally blinked using the hex file you gave me and the hex file generated by IAR.

I have this blinkingled.hex generated by a makefile but im not sure why it doesn't blink for this one.

meriam_0-1654007609051.png

thank you so much for your help,

0 Likes
Ashish

Hi ,

I got this log when I flashed your hex file - clearly it's accessing reserved region- hence it's failing. 

Ashish_1-1654584938806.png

Ashish_0-1654584915030.png

I would suggest you to refer the latest SDL 7.5 for the linker reference, and also it has CMake  support so you can refer it for your reference. 

https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.traveoiisampledriverlibraryutil?utm_source=...

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes