WakeUp from DeepSleep over CANRX-Interrupt CYT2B9

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ReitA
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have the problem that I have to wakeup from DeepSleep Mode over Can.
I'm using the CANFD0 Channel #1 with the adress of 0x40520200.

The problem I receive is that on the Transceiver bus communication is recognized and the WakeUp Event is set.
Now for validation of the Can-Messages the Controller needs to call the CanRx-Interrupt that the validation can be started.

When the Transceiver is setting the  WakeUp Event, the MCU is set to Active Mode again. Therefore the Interrupt should work again right? But it is never called.

Have or had anyone the same issue and got a solution?

I'm happy for every kind of help.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranith
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi @ReitA 

CAN is retained in deep sleep. The Wake from event on the CAN will only transition the MCU to active mode, but the data validation on the RX will not be performed. 

You will either need to resend the message or wake up the device using another deep sleep peripheral before transmitting the CAN message

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pranith
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi @ReitA 

CAN is retained in deep sleep. The Wake from event on the CAN will only transition the MCU to active mode, but the data validation on the RX will not be performed. 

You will either need to resend the message or wake up the device using another deep sleep peripheral before transmitting the CAN message

Regards

0 Likes