WCO timeout issue with RTC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
k_a
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am facing one issue regarding Timeout while configuring the RTC with WCO.

I am calling Cy_SysClk_WcoEnable(100000ul) function to enable WCO but unfortunately timeout response is coming.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Imam_M
50 replies posted 10 likes received 10 solutions authored

Hi @k_a,

Seems like your Cy_SysClk_WcoEnable is reaching timeout because the WCO_OK bit isn't transitioned as shown in the snippet code below.

Imam_M_0-1707926250312.png

Then after checking the provided schematic, your WCO implementation is not correct. Kindly check one of our application notes AN220270 Hardware Design Guide for Traveo T2G Family as shown in the following image.

Imam_M_1-1707926275089.png

I hope this answers your query. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Imam_M

Hi @k_a ,

Cy_SysClk_WcoEnable API returns CY_SYSCLK_TIMEOUT when the clock is not present. Could you confirm the clock you're using? Thank you.

0 Likes
k_a
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello @Imam_M ,

We are using external crystal and it is connected to the wco_in and Wco_out pins,

This shall reflect into the following modules 

Port - > to configure the 2 pins as gpio the one which is wco_in as input and the one which is wco_out as output

Mcu-> to check that the wco is enable and it configuration as mentioned below 

IMG-20240209-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20240209-WA0022.jpg

 if there anything missing which shall cause this issue?? 

0 Likes
Imam_M

Hi @k_a,

Seems like your Cy_SysClk_WcoEnable is reaching timeout because the WCO_OK bit isn't transitioned as shown in the snippet code below.

Imam_M_0-1707926250312.png

Then after checking the provided schematic, your WCO implementation is not correct. Kindly check one of our application notes AN220270 Hardware Design Guide for Traveo T2G Family as shown in the following image.

Imam_M_1-1707926275089.png

I hope this answers your query. Thank you.

0 Likes