Traveo T2G dual bank mode - Miniprog4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Algocraft_GB
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

Hi, 
I'm an egineer of Algocraft, an Italian company active in In-System Programming field.
At the moment our universal programmer supports the series CYT2B7 and CYT2B9 of Traveo T2G microcontrollers.
We receive from our customer the request to support dual bank mode.
In the programming specifications 002-22035 Rev. *C there aren't any reference to dual bank mode.

From the informations that I have from our customer it seems that Miniprog4 supports dual bank mode.
I'm using Miniprog4 and Auto Flash Utility version 1.0.277.
In the user guide I didn't find again any reference to dual bank mode.

Is it possible to manage dual bank mode with Miniprog4?
If so, how it works? Is it possible to have some example of the command syntax?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Giovanni

0 Likes
2 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Algocraft_GB

Your query is not exactly clear to me. What do you mean by 'Is it possible to manage dual bank mode with Miniprog4?'. Please clarify. Do you want to know the procedure for programming the code flash when the device is being used in dual bank mode?

I am also listing down some resources related to dual bank mode. Please go through them and let us know if it answers your questions.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards.

0 Likes
Algocraft_GB
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

My question is quite similar to this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/TRAVEO-T2G/Single-dual-bank-for-Traveo-II/td-p/357806

We develop in our platform the programming for CYT2B7 and CYT2B9.
Now our customer ask us to program the firmware file using dual bank mode.

For example they want to program the firmware according the following scheme:

Bank A

- HSM : 0x10000000 - 0x10027FFF

- FBL : 0x10028000 - 0x10047FFF

- APP : 0x10048000 - 0x100F7FFF

Bank B

- HSM : 0x12000000 - 0x12027FFF

- FBL : 0x12028000 - 0x12047FFF

From the informations that I have from our customer, in their R&D department they are using Miniprog4 so I guess that there is the possibility to manage dual bank mode with Miniprog4 and Auto Flash Utility.
Obviously there is the possibility to merge all firmware files in a single image file to program as usual in single bank mode, but it seems to me that our customer are managing the dual bank mode programming with Miniprog4.
Is it possible to do that?
Which is the Auto Flash Utility command syntax for doing that?

I am looking forward your answer.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Giovanni

0 Likes